Powerfader

Truck bed liner

6 posts in this topic

post-48456-0-51294400-1454357648_thumb.j

Hi guys, I have a question. I was thinking of coating a couple of interior compartment spaces with some type of truck bed liner (Herculean, Rhino, etc .)

The two areas I was contemplating are the anchor storage compartment on the bow and the center lower hatch compartment (looks like a storage for wake boards, skies, and such. Both areas have a drain hole for water run off and drain.

I was thinking that a product such as the bed liners might help from things getting banged around while boating around.

Boat is a 2005 Chaparral 210 SSi

Rhino is a ware product, designed to protect what it is put on. If you are going to use it in that manner, great. If you are trying to protect what you are putting in there, then you need something soft. Closed cell foam rubber works well, and will not absorb water. You can also get solid rubber by the roll in different thicknesses. Denny.

post-48456-0-51294400-1454357648_thumb.j

Thanks Denny for your post. I am really only looking to protect the interior areas of these compartments. I doubt seriously if I will be storing skies or stuff like that. Most likely will be using the center floor cargo hold for stuff that will not be used too often or are too large to put into one of the other storage compartments. The anchor one, would just like some more protection from it banging around.

If that is the case, like Matt suggested, put something down that is not permanent, and if it becomes ragged, you can replace it, and keep the area looking like new. Denny.