bousquety

H2O 18' or 19'?

Hello All,

In the process of purchasing a new H2O. I am currently stuck between the 18 sport that limits me to the 3.0 or the 19 sport that gives me the option of the 4.3. Is the extra money worth the extra foot and the increase in horsepower?

As far as use this will be primarily used on small lakes in Massachusetts with the occasional trip to lake Winnipesaukee and Sebago. There will typically be 4-6 people on board with tubing and occasional water skiing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Don't know the diff in price but if you got it I would go for the 19 4.3 for the activities you plan on. Tubing takes a decent amount of power and 4-6 on board will be tough on the 18 3.0

IMO the 19' all the way but I would opt for the 4.5L as it is far superior to the 4.3L in torque. It is also a quieter engine, maintenance is easier, no break in period, less vibration and keeps a constant rpm in turns.

I think the 5.0L V 8 is just right on the 186 with 6 200 pounders in a storm & high waves.

Cars stop & we walk away.

Boats fill with water &. Oh well.

Wife can pick everything EXCEPT anything that moves or controls or is needed in a emergency. No exceptions.

For the usage you've described, don't even consider the 18', 3.0. That's my two cents. Not enough space, not enough power.

From what I've heard, Winnipesaukee is a big, choppy lake? If I wanted to boat there at all, I would not be looking at an H20. Get something slighly used, in the 23-24' range for the same $.

Drew might be right. about your lake size & sudden wind driven wave conditions.

Size is certainly important when you are out in the open. Sudden dark clouds ? Can mean a cold front has arrived & very high winds with it. Duration can be towering foam capped 6' + waves in 5 minutes. Been caught more than once like that. My great skills & a dose of not panicking saved several people each time. I now race WOT for a down wind island backside & ANYONES DOCK to tie up to until safe to leave

I am definitely leaning towards the 19 with the v6. I am also now looking at the Regal 1900 ESX. I know this is a Chaparral forum, but does anyone have any feedback on the Regal?

I really liked the Regals. I was down to three brands before buying my second Chap. If a dealer was closer than an hour away it would have had real serious consideration. However I love my current dealer Lakeside Marine which played a major role in my decision.

I am definitely leaning towards the 19 with the v6. I am also now looking at the Regal 1900 ESX. I know this is a Chaparral forum, but does anyone have any feedback on the Regal?

Regals are nice, BUT if you are looking to COMFORTABLY seat 4-6 people while safely boating on a big lake (like you said you would want to be able to do), then you need at least a 21' boat. Probably more along the lines of 22-23'.

Regal also charges for the trailer separate from the cost of the boat. Trailer for a 21 foot is 5 to 6 thousand dollars.

I have the 19 4.3 H2O. You should stop your consideration on the 18 H2O. I'm pissed now I didn't get a bigger boat. You will be making a big mistake with the 18 row boat engine.

Went back to the boat show today and took another look. I am going with the 19' H2O with the 200 hp 4.5. I will only be going to the big lakes a couple of times a year and it will probably just be two of us. Now to get it ordered and hope for an early spring.

Congratulations and welcome to the family! A 19' is a great size boat for trailering and handling.

Hope you got the correct color . . . black!!

I think you make the right call. You also picked a great engine. Congratulations and now the hard part....waiting!

I have the 19' with the 4.3MPI.

Pay the extra money if you can afford it. It's an awesome boat.

I recommend the Hi Five prop upgrade. But the OEM prop is pretty good too.

IMG_09111_zpsby2hhuqy.jpg

Just wanted to share a picture. Thanks for everyones advice. Super happy i went with the 19' and the 4.5 merc is great.