Mike Olson

Has anyone added a radar arch to a 2000 280 SSi

6 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I have a 2000 280SSi. We love the boat but have been coveting some of the newer boats that have reverse radar arches with integrated biminis. I'm wondering if it is possible to add an arch to my boat? Has anyone done this??

Regards

Mike

Hey Guys,

I have a 2000 280SSi. We love the boat but have been coveting some of the newer boats that have reverse radar arches with integrated biminis. I'm wondering if it is possible to add an arch to my boat? Has anyone done this??

Regards

Mike

It's absolutely possible.

A buddy of mine did exactly That on his Scarab.

He had it custom made to his specs w/anodized rocket launches and the works.

I like the looks of the Samson Blade towers, and the Monster MTK. Has anyone had any experience with them? Anyone installed one on a boat with a 9' beam?

The MTK is pretty muck a universal fit. Once you square it on your boat you drill and lock the pivots. Then its set for life. You do have to somewhat reinforce where the mounts go and you need to make sure the mount bolts don't loosen at least once a year. Its pretty stout.

The MTK is pretty muck a universal fit. Once you square it on your boat you drill and lock the pivots. Then its set for life. You do have to somewhat reinforce where the mounts go and you need to make sure the mount bolts don't loosen at least once a year. Its pretty stout.

Just curious. I see you still use your stock bimini. Can you get an integrated bimini with the MTK?

Yes you can get the integrated MTK Bimini. I'm ordering one soon. I don't use the oem one as you can't use the tower for towing with it. It's just on in the pic as I was bringing it home from the summer.