Sign in to follow this  
Shaper1

Good web site / vender to order parts??

I need to get a new thermostat housing, mine is pretty rusty and brittle. And maybe a new belt tensioner. . So I minus well change it with the new t- state. Can anyone point me in the right direction for ordering parts. 2000 chap 5.7 Volvo GSI. Thanks fellers!!

I have had good luck finding some parts on iboats.com - found gas lift struts for my engine cover/sunpad and various other parts. Much less than West Marine.

Things like gas struts can be from auto suppliers. We have used them forever. No problems if SS or you grease the steel ones.

We normally look for a larger stronger strut to take the severe hatch weight loads. Some rods can actually flex a little at the peak load points.

Sometimes the strut holes are too big. We buy bushings to do the job right. That includes new S S hardware to prevent a rust problem.

Grease smeared on COVERED boat parts ?? Can be messy if too soft, when heated in a August sun & black covers.

Volvo parts can be a little tough, as they source parts from several Volvo manufacturing facilities worldwide within a given model year. That should not be an issue but especially on the electronics side, they are not always interchangeable. When you order OEM parts regardless of supplier, be sure your begin your search with Model number and Serial number. No exceptions so keep that information handy. I get real frustrated at times finding the proper part for a Volvo, and others have shared with me on this forum from all over the world about their experiences. Just had a guy who was on his third fuel pump delivery, and finally got the one that fit his ride. W

Wingnut brings up a VERY IMPORTANT point

Seems good web sites have a box in the ordering information part or the credit card section............

Special instructions..........That allows me to type in NO SUBSTITUTIONS until I am called & O K a change.

If you can obtain the original part number and do a Google search of that part number you will find several Volvo distributors to buy parts from. The names of vendors above are some of the more prominent vendors, but there are many others.