Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ken Roberts

2014 H2O Fish and Ski Cushions

4 posts in this topic

I have had my 19' fish and ski on the water for 2 seasons now, first season everything was OK with the cushions. Towards the end of the second season I noticed the cushions were extremely wet and was taking a long time to dry out. In fact I had to remove the cushions and put them in my basement over the winter to finish drying them out. Was wondering if anyone else was having the same issues?

Thanks

Ken

I have 2014 H20 21 sport and have never had any issues with my cushions, 85 hours on her so far.  Are they wet from people being in the water or are you wetting them down to clean them?

i have the SAME issue!  I took one of the covers off the cushion and realized there is a thin plastic lining.  Not sure if I should keep those on or leave them off? 

It takes at least 2 weeks for the cushions to dry out.

Should I take off the thin plastic lining? Anything I should do? 

Sorry guys haven't been on in awhile, to answer Honorhimkc question they are getting wet from swimmers getting in and out of the boat. But with that being said they take a crazy amount of time to dry. The boat will sit covered for a week and returning on the weekend they would still be wet from the previous weekend. I do believe the cushions on the ski and fish are different from that on the sport. The cushions on the ski and fish snap out to accommodate the fishing chairs on the deck. I did contact Chaparral about this matter and they said there was no known issue with the cushions and was not willing to look at it. 

Pioneer - I am not sure what to do with the plastic liners, I left mine on. As I said Chaparral was not to interested about doing anything about it.