TNBrett

Countdown to delivery

Well, no boat today.  It came in yesterday, and I went by to see it. I didn't get much time to look at it, as I was pretty busy.  We did pull the back of the shipping cover up so I could take a peek at it though.  That was the first time I had ever seen the color combination in the flesh, and I really like it.  so I got a call from the dealer late yesterday afternoon telling me they were not happy with the latches on the tower, and they were going to try some adjustments this morning.  Then I got another call this morning telling me adjustments weren't helping anything, and they were ordering a new tower from the factory.  No word yet on lead time for that, so ???? 

Brett

Takes some air out of the sails, huh?  In my experience, boat and RV manufacturers shove their units out the door, leaving many issues to the delivering dealer.  On the bright side, it sounds like you have a good dealer.  Hope you have a good delivery.  The boat will be worth the wait.

Sorry to hear, Brett. I guess if this forum teaches us anything, it's to be patient. Sounds like a good dealer and in the long run that's the most important thing. Hang in there!

14 minutes ago, TNBrett said:

Well, no boat today.  It came in yesterday, and I went by to see it. I didn't get much time to look at it, as I was pretty busy.  We did pull the back of the shipping cover up so I could take a peek at it though.  That was the first time I had ever seen the color combination in the flesh, and I really like it.  so I got a call from the dealer late yesterday afternoon telling me they were not happy with the latches on the tower, and they were going to try some adjustments this morning.  Then I got another call this morning telling me adjustments weren't helping anything, and they were ordering a new tower from the factory.  No word yet on lead time for that, so ???? 

Brett

That's a real bummer, interesting too because my dealer just got a 257 SSI and they said they had major issues with the tower too.  I believe they eventually got it fixed without replacment but hope yours gets replaced soon too.  The good news is your dealer cares and told you instead of letting you find it.

Tough to wait as long as it takes to get a boat when ordered anyway and now you have to wait even longer. I feel your pain. Sounds like your dealer is on top of it and will have it sorted out as soon as possible. At least it's not June or July and your summer is wasting away. It would be nice to get a walk through while waiting for the tower and get a punch list started. I'm sure there will be other items.

+1 perfect time to do the walkthrough and get the list started then they can work on it as they wait for the tower.

I like the suggestion on the punch list for the new boats arriving. I'll see mine next weekend and take it out for the on water orientation dealer provides.

The slip I'm using require 5/8 dock lines for 21ft boats- is that overkill? 

5 minutes ago, Peteb said:

The slip I'm using require 5/8 dock lines for 21ft boats- is that overkill? 

I think so.  Hard to fit line that size on the cleat of a 21 footer . . .

I agree! I'll see next weekend if it fits.  I opted for the newer VP 200hp engine- aluminum, variable timing etc.  did I do myself any favors choosing this engine? I'm in salt water

How's everyone's inaugural rides in there new H20 21's?  Mines delayed until the middle of May so I have to live vicariously through you guys. 

11 hours ago, TahoeBlue said:

How's everyone's inaugural rides in there new H20 21's?  Mines delayed until the middle of May so I have to live vicariously through you guys. 

We took the boat out yesterday. Really happy with the 4.5 200hp merc. From a dead stop the boat jumped out of the water. We couldn't get a top speed as dealer asked me to vary the speed for to first 5 hours. So far very satisfied. 

1 hour ago, psmorris said:

We took the boat out yesterday. Really happy with the 4.5 200hp merc. From a dead stop the boat jumped out of the water. We couldn't get a top speed as dealer asked me to vary the speed for to first 5 hours. So far very satisfied. 

There is no break-in period on the new Merc 4.5l and 6.2l so go nuts and have fun!

Well, we did do a lot of riding around in the lake today but this 4.5 200 hp is sucking gasoline like nobody's business. I think trying to teach my 16 year old son to drive might have contributed and not being probably trimmed didn't help any. Couldn't imagine the 250hp. But all in all it was a good day. :captain:

10 hours ago, psmorris said:

Well, we did do a lot of riding around in the lake today but this 4.5 200 hp is sucking gasoline like nobody's business. I think trying to teach my 16 year old son to drive might have contributed and not being probably trimmed didn't help any. Couldn't imagine the 250hp. But all in all it was a good day. :captain:

Fuel mileage will improve with time a bit, but I would think you should never expect anything better than 5 mpg after she loosens up a bit and you have optimized trim and technique. W

I took delivery of my 21 h20 yesterday and was very impressed in how she handled in 18mph winds and white caps in the bay. I have the 200hp VP and I had 5 guys on here and she cruised at about 4500rpm. I did vary the rpms per the breakin suggestions. Tension was tight in throttle so asked to loosen it a bit. Overall very happy and can't wait to get back on it.

My dealership WaterFront Marine in Somersault Point is awesome in every aspect. Can't wait to take it out again!

12 minutes ago, Peteb said:

image_2.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

image.jpeg

4,500???   What's rated WOT RPM for that new Volvo?

i didn't push it past that really, felt good at 4500. You thinking wot should be higher right ?

6 minutes ago, Peteb said:

i didn't push it past that really, felt good at 4500. You thinking wot should be higher right ?

No, I'm thinking 4,500 is a very high extended cruise RPM. Typically 3,500 would be a high average. I'm guessing WOT would be 5,500 but I have not seen the spec's on the new Volvo. At 4,500 you are likely burning close to 13.5 gph.   W

Just looked at owners manual and max recommended cruising speed is at 4600rpm. Ideal is 3600-3800rpm for this engine.  

9 hours ago, Peteb said:

Just looked at owners manual and max recommended cruising speed is at 4600rpm. Ideal is 3600-3800rpm for this engine.  

Wow, they are really twisting the new ones in order to get rated power out of them. What was WOT listed as?   W

5 hours ago, Peteb said:

WOT is rated at 5600rpm-5800rpm

Reasonable numbers. If it were me I'd limit time spent over 4 grand.