Hatem

Who Will Be The Next President?

1,278 posts in this topic

The Republican Party campaign has been very interesting to say the least with the participation of Donald Trump, obviously, and it looks like (unless Ted Cruz) somehow miraculously trumps (pun intended :)) The Donald it will be a final vote for president of the great United States of America between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. That's my personal opinion who the final 2 will be because I don't see Bernie Sanders beating Hillary and no one from the republican party and I really don't think they can take Donald down because he's just a bully, and with his "no feel for being politically correct" he's reached out to A LOT of people and now the other members are concentrating on attacking him instead of campaigning for themselves, at least during the debates but you see a lot of them attacking him on their campaigning as well which gives him more points. To me, that's a win for Trump. So who knows?

What's your opinion?

👀 This should get interesting fast. One in a pin striped suit.....The other in a orange striped suit. The choices we have 😳

Unless she gets indicted or has a health issue Clinton will be the next prsident.Bernie has zero chance, the powerful have spoken and they want Hillary. If we have a Trump v Clinton, that will be very entertaining.The Trump thing clearly shows people are fed up with our current situation. Having said that, I can't wait to get on the water!

Unless she gets indicted or has a health issue Clinton will be the next prsident.Bernie has zero chance, the powerful have spoken and they want Hillary. If we have a Trump v Clinton, that will be very entertaining.The Trump thing clearly shows people are fed up with our current situation. Having said that, I can't wait to get on the water!

Super post, Phills Fan,thx and I agree, Trump vs Hillary if if came down to that would be very entertaining lol! He's a bully and she doesn't take any crap from anyone so he'll have his handful. But I'm still having a hard time realizing if this country is ready for a woman president. Don't mean it in a sexist way at all! I'd love to see that as long as she's qualified whomever it may be, but it is unfortunately an undeniable reality and I do believe she has the African American majority (which is HUGE) as well as the woman's majority which would/could be equally as important. I could be wrong about the latter but I would think that most women in this country would vote for her simply for that reason.

A satirical summary in this SNL snippets video on CNN.

Election night gets the 'SNL' treatment ... http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/06/politics/saturday-night-live-cnn-election/index.html

Hahaha, I saw other parts of that and I must admit, I don't know what Chris Christie was thinking but he looked really bad and showed how strong Trump is.

My feelings about Trump is obviously he looks like he has no clue about diplomacy which is essential in a president. But by the same token, many Americans love that lack of that political incorrectness, bully/tough guy attitude and lack of diplomatic discipline. But at the same time his ability to become a gazillionaire makes the layman think he will turn this country's economic situation around but he has so many hidden secrets and skeletons in his closet about how he made a lot of his money that it scares the daylights out of me.

Did he really make all that money from nothing or did he inherit most of it and then managed to bring it to where it is today. Even though the latter is impressive, it's still not the same as if he started from scratch. But of course one can't hold that against him.

Build a wall across the Mexican border and make them pay for it? Seriously? Can't wait to hear the details of that plan. From what I see right off the top of the bat, the problem is the majority who don't know any better love to hear that stuff. He said "it works, just ask the Israelis" lol! Well, aside from the political aspects of THAT particular wall, the Israeli wall is currently 96 miles and they expect it to reach 403 miles if that succeeds while this one will need to be 1,954 miles LOL! So less than 100 miles is the comparison to one that will have to be almost 2000 miles is not a good analogy, not to mention making the Mexicans pay for it? Why should they? How will he make them do it? What's that going to cost and how much would it cost to protect it in order to make it effective? Millions of $ maybe billions! Aside from the illegal immigration and drug infiltration, the US benefits more with it's current relationship with Mexico and here's a small excerpt:

Mexico already buys more U.S. products than any other nation except Canada, but more than just an export market, Mexico and the United States are partners in manufacturing. Through a process known as production sharing, the two countries actually work together to build products. Imports from Mexico are therefore unlike imports from any extra-continental partner in the way they support U.S. jobs and exports. A full 40% of the content in U.S. imports from Mexico is actually produced in the United States (See page 17 of the report). This means that forty cents of every dollar spent on imports from Mexico comes back to the U.S., a quantity ten times greater than the four cents returning for each dollar paid on Chinese imports. - See more at: https://www.wilsoncenter.org/publication/working-together-economic-ties-between-the-united-states-and-mexico#sthash.UJqDYn2O.dpuf

What about tourism? So from what I know and the current jobs at the borders and border control I just don't think he has a chance unless the US pays for it. It's a decent idea and not just illegal immigration but drugs infiltration into the US would be brought to a major stop. It's just the reality of the concept that doesn't sit well. The Israelis might've solved some of their domestic problems with the Palestinians but they're getting their share of criticism which I won't get into. So there are a lot of negative repercussions that would come out of that and what a bold comment to make. But he can always find a way to weasel out it by making some sort of excuse as to why it couldn't be done. Maybe he is a good "politician" who will make great promises and not fulfill them?

But there is no doubt that I have major mixed feelings about him - his ability to make money in the private sector makes me think he might help this country recover economically which would be a great thing, but he will create a lot of enemies in the process with that personality and today, the world is globalized and everything, especially economically is intertwined. It would be very difficult and very scary. I admit, he scares the daylights out of me. Sorry for the long post but I am interested in people's opinion on this matter and like Denny said, right now it might not be all about boats.

I haven't even gotten to Hillary yet lol.

How sad, why has it we have come to voting for the lesser of 2 evils.

What has happened to us, and where are all the good guys? Denny.

Where are the good guys is right. How about people that have served in the militaryof this country? I have to laugh when I hear public servant discribing politicians. The folks putting their life on the line are public servants.

This is the worst choice of Presidential candidates that I have witnessed in my lifetime. Hillary is a joke and so is Trump. Cruz is not far behind with his rhetoric. Rubio is not ready and Kasich is not going to make it.

I might just cash in and by a big A%$ Blow boat and say Adios, see you in four years.

I don't think a single person running is even close to the best this country has to offer. This is a shame.

Do I like trump? No.

Do I like that most the politicians hate him and see him as a threat to there flawed system? Yes.

So I will vote for Trump hope he wins and pray he actually wants to make this country better. Something I know the others don't seem to care about. Hopefully he will do something good and not start a WW3. Day one in the office the other candidates will only care about the next elections. I can no longer stand this system.

Plenty of qualified people that could run this country as it should be. They won't run because of the circus that comes with all the lead up to elections. Look what's going on right now. Politicians all want one thing and the people want another. Will see who wins.

Diplomats are NOT leaders.

Diplomats write tiny unimportant details into a useless & unenforceable agreement.

A little " Keep it quiet. " Insider information for my fellow boaters. "

Wingnut will be the next vice president.

Diplomats are NOT leaders.

Diplomats write tiny unimportant details into a useless & unenforceable agreement.

A little " Keep it quiet. " Insider information for my fellow boaters. "

Wingnut will be the next vice president.

Ok. You guys have my vote. " We the people " need to take back our country.

I would love to see . Trumph as President & Martha Stewart as VP. Between them ? No prisoners, illegals or political correctness crap would be left. Martha would be the enforcer if he faltered. Neither roll over for anyone.

With Martha in the White House.

Everybody would attend any dinner. :)

This is the worst choice of Presidential candidates that I have witnessed in my lifetime. Hillary is a joke and so is Trump. Cruz is not far behind with his rhetoric. Rubio is not ready and Kasich is not going to make it.

We're usually faced with this situation, that we just have to vote for the best of the worst available, but this time around is most definitely the worst. Trump is the biggest joke ever but at least Hillary has some political experience. The only problem is that it will be at least 4 more years of the same stuff we've had for most of this decade. While the recession that George W left us in has not really improved greatly, it will mean it could last longer and that's where Trump has it over Hillary. But the guy is a buffoon of epic proportions.

I know I'll get piled on for this but here it goes, despite the dignity that was lost from the oval office, some of the best years this country has seen was under Bill Clinton and who does that give the edge to? Even she scares the heck out of me since most would say that she was really the president during those years. But you didn't see this vicious partisan division and it seemed much more unified and the economy was doing great. Not as good as the few years after 911 but look what that lead to?

As far as military experience in the office, while I agree with that to a certain extent, when was the last decent president or candidate who did or didn't win that was in the military? George Senior? Put us into one of the worst recessions and a war. McCain? Look who he picked for VP that destroyed him? John Kerry? That was scandalous with his deserved or undeserved medal of honor or whatever that was. The only decent one I can go back to was Kennedy who was killed by that same military industrial complex that the previous ex-military guy Eisenhower warned us about. But still, I'd love to see an ex military man who is decent with no baggage and the ability to run this country and make it great again.

The partisan division created under Obama has never been this bad.

True about Bill. Only president that BOTH parties wanted for a 3rd term. That says a lot about driving down the political white line of a road. Very few modern presidents are ever considered for 3rd terms by both parties. Monica would have been promoted to Secretary of State. L is G :)

Ok. You guys have my vote. " We the people " need to take back our country.

The locals here are pushing me toward County Commissioner. I'm pushing back real hard. I'm all about giving back but when you slip and fall into to GOO, it's hard to do the right thing. My last go around was when there was a proposal to commercially develop a parcel of land on the head waters of the Chester River. The nearest town was in strong opposition as the site was to include gas station, convenience store, and second story apartments along route 301, within the critical zone and flood plane. Spot zoning magically occured and when confronted the senior commissioner commented that if he had known that there was going to be such an out cry from the residents on this matter he would have sustained from voting on the land use amendment for the parcel HE had sold to the developer. How many things are wrong with that sentence.

I'm all in for who ever keeps the gas prices low and can keep us out of a war. Trump is scary although after a year the republicans and democrats may be unified against him. Hillary is a joke. We really need better options.

Despite anyone's feelings towards Ted Cruz, he's actually gaining a little on Trump as of this morning. To win the republican nomination, you need 1,237 delegates out of 1,585 available ones and currently Trump has 384 while Ted Cruz has an even 300 as of today. 84 points in the grand scheme of things doesn't seem like much to catch up but it really is because you know Trump is going to increase his numbers as well. So unless he self destructs, it will be tough for Ted Cruz to catch up but not impossible. I don't even like him either but to me, he would currently seem like the lesser of the two evils, but I'm not even 100% sure about that either. Still, Trump scares the living daylights out of me but I have a feeling he will start to falter a little bit once he has to explain how he's going to make his campaign promises work.

I'm all in for who ever keeps the gas prices low and can keep us out of a war. Trump is scary although after a year the republicans and democrats may be unified against him. Hillary is a joke. We really need better options.

For me lower gas prices are less important that the stability energy independence would yield. True a lot have suffered with the down turn in crude prices, but in the end we had become an energy economy and going back to the early 70's we have depended on the free market to look after our best interests. We sent our sons to the middle east to die for cheap oil, and just in monetary terms we have spent roughly 6 times as much defending the asset as it was worth. No one would have believed that we would ever see viable excess domestic crude production potential as we enjoy today. It's beyond time to pay the domestic producers a fair price for their labors, support alternative energy strategies, and become once again self sufficient. Let India and China fight over oil. I say wake up America and look further ahead than this season or the next tank full. But that's just me. W

I really wish we could figure out a way to institute term limits for every elected office from the dog catcher to the president. Give everybody a six year term. Four year terms with the ability to run again are a huge problem

Year One - Figure out what the #$^% the job is supposed to be, and get your team up to speed

Year Two - Start to try to get things done.

Year Three - start fundraising

Year four - Campaign for re-election (while the opposing party refuses to work with you while waiting to see if you get re-elected). Maybe push through some controversial items ( potential abuse of power through executive orders)

If we gave everybody a SINGLE 6 year term we might actually get some things done.

Barrel of crude is already up $ 10 more dollars. Availability & production have nothing to do with price of oil & gasoline. It is run up & down by the big boys investing & taking profits every day. I thought those union people were causing the price to go up & down so much & so often.