Hatem

Who Will Be The Next President?

1,294 posts in this topic

What happen to the middle when you could be liberal about something and conservative about other things. Why do we all need to fit into one gang or another gang.

Spot on. This is where I find myself almost all the time. I share some conservative values as well as some non-extreme liberal ones.

HG, you have a TV mounted to a bowrider arch. Now THAT'S extremely liberal!! :haha-7383:

I have to add, you did stay conservative on the size. :scratchchin:

Never realized mounting a TV on the radar arch was extremely liberal lol.  I think we've used it once or twice and only in the slip to check out the ball game and I think we had it on during the 4th of July fireworks.  It's cool to have but only when slipped.

But, in my business I've noticed that election years are a bit slow, but I can't and can see Trump making this country better as a president, but he might worry about the party itself not accepting his nomination if it does happen although I find that unlikely.  

If it ends up being Trump vs Hillary it's gonna be a bloodbath!  Hillary will not take that demeaning talk about women very well which surprises me about Trump's popularity.  Yesterday's results were certainly interesting to say the least, at least on the Republican side. Rubio looses his home state in Florida (because Trump took ALL 99 available delegates!) while Kasich wins the pivotal state of Ohio?!  But still, Trump has opened the gap between him and Cruz while he now has 673 delegates while Cruz has 411 and lowly Kasich with 143.  Mathematically it is possible for Trump to still lose the nomination by the number of Delegates but all the nasty stuff he says and that happens at his rallies are actually helping him, it seems, not hurting lol!  I love how he pretended like he was going to take on the guy coming at him on stage looool.  That was great.

It would be interesting to see a "Ross Perot" show up should Trump win the nomination and create a 3rd party to give Hillary the edge, cuz you know Trump is coming after Hillary with all he's got in the crudest manner but I believe she might have more damaging "intell" on him where he will have to do his usual and attack crudely!

It's fascinating and this could be the most pivotal race for the US presidency yet.

What about the very disturbing comments by Trump that he's warning of riots if he doesn't get the GOP nomination?!?!  This guy is dangerous, the way he directly encourages punching people or hagglers in the face by paying their legal bills and then indirectly warning of riots if the doesn't win.  But then I think is he the best for my situation moving forward?  What a challenging race and we're not even halfway there. 

Politics has been & always will be, about which of the 2 gangs gets the keys to the treasury. Then give grant, subsidies & long term low interest loans, to their group while in power.

5 hours ago, Hatem said:

Never realized mounting a TV on the radar arch was extremely liberal lol.  I think we've used it once or twice and only in the slip to check out the ball game and I think we had it on during the 4th of July fireworks.  It's cool to have but only when slipped.

But, in my business I've noticed that election years are a bit slow, but I can't and can see Trump making this country better as a president, but he might worry about the party itself not accepting his nomination if it does happen although I find that unlikely.  

If it ends up being Trump vs Hillary it's gonna be a bloodbath!  Hillary will not take that demeaning talk about women very well which surprises me about Trump's popularity.  Yesterday's results were certainly interesting to say the least, at least on the Republican side. Rubio looses his home state in Florida (because Trump took ALL 99 available delegates!) while Kasich wins the pivotal state of Ohio?!  But still, Trump has opened the gap between him and Cruz while he now has 673 delegates while Cruz has 411 and lowly Kasich with 143.  Mathematically it is possible for Trump to still lose the nomination by the number of Delegates but all the nasty stuff he says and that happens at his rallies are actually helping him, it seems, not hurting lol!  I love how he pretended like he was going to take on the guy coming at him on stage looool.  That was great.

It would be interesting to see a "Ross Perot" show up should Trump win the nomination and create a 3rd party to give Hillary the edge, cuz you know Trump is coming after Hillary with all he's got in the crudest manner but I believe she might have more damaging "intell" on him where he will have to do his usual and attack crudely!

It's fascinating and this could be the most pivotal race for the US presidency yet.

What about the very disturbing comments by Trump that he's warning of riots if he doesn't get the GOP nomination?!?!  This guy is dangerous, the way he directly encourages punching people or hagglers in the face by paying their legal bills and then indirectly warning of riots if the doesn't win.  But then I think is he the best for my situation moving forward?  What a challenging race and we're not even halfway there. 

Don't rule out military law / dictatorship, where and what are we headed for. Our country is starting to become one ugly cesspool. How sad is that. Why have we let this happen?   Denny.

5 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

Politics has been & always will be, about which of the 2 gangs gets the keys to the treasury. Then give grant, subsidies & long term low interest loans, to their group while in power.

This is the sad truth!   

"What about the very disturbing comments by Trump that he's warning of riots if he doesn't get the GOP nomination?!?!  This guy is dangerous, the way he directly encourages punching people or hagglers in the face by paying their legal bills and then indirectly warning of riots if the doesn't win "

This is scary and speaks to his mentality.    If this is a contested convention he will split the republican party or may just further expose a split that is already there.  

I personally dislike both candidates but what trump is talking about is his own party basically creating a contested convention.  To sum it up even if he goes into the convention with the most delegate votes they still can create a situation were he does not meet the threshold which will then start a sequence of floor votes.  Kinda like if the majority of the US votes for one president but the electoral vote goes the other way.  There would be a lot of upset people.

4 hours ago, Kwood92 said:

This is the sad truth!   

"What about the very disturbing comments by Trump that he's warning of riots if he doesn't get the GOP nomination?!?!  This guy is dangerous, the way he directly encourages punching people or hagglers in the face by paying their legal bills and then indirectly warning of riots if the doesn't win "

This is scary and speaks to his mentality.    If this is a contested convention he will split the republican party or may just further expose a split that is already there.  

Yep, it's already happening.  See below's answer to Dn.

4 hours ago, dn0349 said:

I personally dislike both candidates but what trump is talking about is his own party basically creating a contested convention.  To sum it up even if he goes into the convention with the most delegate votes they still can create a situation were he does not meet the threshold which will then start a sequence of floor votes.  Kinda like if the majority of the US votes for one president but the electoral vote goes the other way.  There would be a lot of upset people.

The top conservatives (as we speak) are currently plotting on stopping Donald Trump from winning the GOP convention by doing something like forming a delegation that will not endorse him.  They're even talking about changing the rules to stop this guy.  He's using the words "riots" and his campaign soldiers are now into damage control trying to spin it as if he was speaking figuratively.  This is crazy but it's really fun to follow and watch his behavior and that's actually, admittedly so a sad thing.

Funny how most are not predicting a winner on this thread.  I don't blame you.  Something tells me Hillary has the vast majority behind her (if you look at the numbers comparatively) but that Donald is one aggressive #$^ &^ @ ^%#&*!  But maybe that's what this country needs?  lol, what a conundrum.

AS long as the TOP dogs of the party keep all the candidates running ?  They will  / should remove his chance of winning by states.  If that fails ?  Then it gets so bad that Hillary will win.

BUT  !!   Hey  the gang  WILL TRY LIKE heck TO GET HER INDICTED.    Just normal USA politics  ???    For shame.  The Republicans will bring up Monica Wilinski as a character witness about the Clintons.    Sad.

And we invade countries to make them like us ?    Very sad.

3 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

AS long as the TOP dogs of the party keep all the candidates running ?  They will  / should remove his chance of winning by states.  If that fails ?  Then it gets so bad that Hillary will win.

BUT  !!   Hey  the gang  WILL TRY LIKE heck TO GET HER INDICTED.    Just normal USA politics  ???    For shame.  The Republicans will bring up Monica Wilinski as a character witness about the Clintons.    Sad.

And we invade countries to make them like us ?    Very sad.

Not just Monica Lewinski (Americans love to see people get a 2nd chance and she could play that really well), it's Ben Ghazi that she's gonna get hammered on!

“Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

― Winston S. Churchill

A lot of anti-Trump protesters are showing up to the Arizona Trump rally as well as in New York at the Trump Towers.  He's getting A LOT of negative publicity that is starting to gather momentum.  He also has supporters showing up to both events but they seem to be quite outnumbered.  

Too bad he's not a likable guy.  I think that is his biggest problem.  If he wasn't such a #$%#^$ he might just gain the hearts of a lot more people.  But decades of making money and deals and being a billionaire boss have hardened him, unless that's just the way he is.

He can not be supported by the ruling Republicans. He never worked his way up the political ladder.  There really is a pecking order in each party. People give a lifetime of money & effort to have a shot at being president. Not Trumph.

He is a thorn.  Diehards will not support him in the election. PLUS  he can ruin some Republican people running for reelection. 

Will he become a GOOD Republican and  follow the Republican directives after election ?  ?????

Very true about working your way up the presidential ladder.  I was going to use Ronald Reagan as an example but he was the governor of California for a while before he ran for presidency so he did it the right way.  That's what Trump should've done, hold some form of office and give himself some credibility.  Actually, Reagan was even more ridiculed in a way but look what he accomplished during his presidency.  We can argue "Reaganomics" and the value of the long term affect that had quite the lasting impact but what he did with the military and the revamping program was incredible but mostly during his presidency, look how popular he was not just domestically, but he basically ended the cold war.  His personality was conducive to political diplomacy not this gutter born billionaire.  Ooof.

By running without being on the "ladder" is the appeal to most.  The establishment all fear they will be on the outside looking in if he's elected...this is why they are doing everything possible to stop him.  Pretty amazing to see the lengths they will go to try and stop him.  

'Gutter' is right.  Sad our nation's populace is such an ignorant and reality-watching group to think he'd be a good president.  'Different' isn't necessarily better (see Obama, IMO).  But, by God, our president should be in large measure a statesman, tactful.  I'm embarrassed by Trump's popularity . . .

GOP, please please please give us a strong candidate.  One in 12 yrs isn't asking too much.  (I like Carson).

17 hours ago, Brian S said:

By running without being on the "ladder" is the appeal to most.  The establishment all fear they will be on the outside looking in if he's elected...this is why they are doing everything possible to stop him.  Pretty amazing to see the lengths they will go to try and stop him.  

Reminds me of the only time we really had a contested fight with the Florida votes and chads that didn't peel off completely when George W. defeated Al Gore and the Gore capaign or whomever requested a recount.  That's the only time I remember any form of "hostility" between candidates and the possibility of obvious, "in your face corruption".  Listening to NPR on my early, Sunday morning drive and they were talking about how disliked Trump is not just in the big party, but a lot of the Republican Party members and that the last time you saw anything close to this where the party itself is trying to isolate him or make sure he doesn't win the nomination, you'd have to go all the way back to 1923 and Calvin Coolidge!  He did get elected for one term, though.  

But it's strange that Trump has gotten all these delegates considering (and I'm only guessing) is he's not popular with most women (for obvious reasons,) so that's a big one, the minorities such as Hispanics and others and my guess is the African American majority doesn't like him and won't vote for him in the general election if somehow he makes it through the party nomination.  So it surprises the living heck out of me that he has this much momentum in these primaries.  Truly amazing.  Maybe most who have voted for him really like how he's just politically incorrect, says what's on his mind no matter how rude and obnoxious and insulting it is and is just a straight up bully.  I think these are the ONLY reasons people support him.  When it comes down to the real issues, I think Hillary will tear him apart and he'll just resort to his usual behavior.  That's assuming Hillary does beat Sanders which is the way it's looking, and by a big margin to boot. 

Sorry, the Calvin Coolidge reference was to the last time an American president visited Cuba an not related to Donald Trump at all.  I confused the two since they were talking about several subjects with the same group.  I apologize for that mistake and misinformation so disregard that part please.

11 hours ago, Futzin' said:

'Gutter' is right.  Sad our nation's populace is such an ignorant and reality-watching group to think he'd be a good president.  'Different' isn't necessarily better (see Obama, IMO).  But, by God, our president should be in large measure a statesman, tactful.  I'm embarrassed by Trump's popularity . . .

GOP, please please please give us a strong candidate.  One in 12 yrs isn't asking too much.  (I like Carson).

+1.  

Go on to the other governments and national TV stations around the world. They DO NOT WANT Trumph. 

Executive Orders would be pouring out of his office.

Of course they don't like Trump as he would shake things.  Fortunately/unfortunately that's his appeal to some people and his threat to politicians.  But Washington needs  something because Obama certainly hasn't helped and Lord help us if Hillary is the best we can do on the Democratic side.

That's why this thread has lasted so long...usually these topics degrade very quickly!  This time there's no "my guy's better than your guy"; no one left worth advocating.

18 hours ago, Futzin' said:

That's why this thread has lasted so long...usually these topics degrade very quickly!  This time there's no "my guy's better than your guy"; no one left worth advocating.

I think the issues facing the candidates and specifically the circus happening in the Republican Party alone will generate interest in this thread at least until the general elections in November.  If somehow Trump gets through the nominations and the blocking of it (if it does happen) and is facing Hillary, it will be fascinating to watch and discuss, at least to me.  Maybe I'm in the minority.  "Discussing" being the operative word. That's where it would degrade if people on this forum just don't want to talk about anything related to the race for the next presidency and just want to talk boating and repairs.  Plenty of boating topics but I enjoy other subjects especially ones that involve and could greatly affect our lives.  

So far there's been some great reactions and posts like this one:

On 3/17/2016 at 1:41 PM, Kwood92 said:

This is the sad truth!   

The Republican Party is in and has been in serious trouble since McCain picked Sarah Palin as VP, but Trump could make it even worst by creating that divide which he most certainly will if his nomination gets contested in any shape or form.

19 hours ago, dn0349 said:

Of course they don't like Trump as he would shake things.  Fortunately/unfortunately that's his appeal to some people and his threat to politicians.  But Washington needs  something because Obama certainly hasn't helped and Lord help us if Hillary is the best we can do on the Democratic side.

So are you saying despite the way he is, he would be the better choice?  You might be right if that's your view, I just don't know if he's capable of handling the presidency of this great country.  A shake up is what we need, I agree for sure but he just might be too controversial, or maybe not?  In the end, his bully attitude might just do it, but I think he has more enemies among the commoners that what we've seen so far.  Too bad they really don't get to decide.

The bottom line is............Our government is owned by corporations.  Trumph has dealt with government agencies with all his business ventures. He should be very well informed by now.