Hatem

Who Will Be The Next President?

1,294 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

The bottom line is............Our government is owned by corporations.  

+1     This is were the change needs to happen.  Until we have term limits and overturn the citizens united ruling this wont happen.  We need to get rid of the super pacs.  

In Nov  we may have to choose between Clinton or Trump.  Or just sit out the election and live with the results. (something I just can't do).  So we are stuck with the lesser of two evils decision.   Then the choice is who is going to screw us the least.  Not just on a personal level but on a global level.   

The 'global level' is the real wild card.

I guess we can hope Trump picks a good VP, then gets himself impeached!

Any bets or who his VP  selection  will be?   Is he going to go with an establishment pick or a wild card.     The wild card probably doesn't make sense as it will only appeal to the ones who are already on his team.  An establishment choice would make more sense and help bring over some of the republicans on the fence.    I don't imagine any establishment candidate would want to be on the ticket with him though.   A brokered convention could bring Mitt Romney back into play .  He may have the best chance of beating Hillary.   

On the Democrats side the smart choice for Hillary would be Cory Booker or someone a little further to the left than her.   To help her pick up some of the Bernie Sanders young vote.   

4 hours ago, Futzin' said:

The 'global level' is the real wild card.

I guess we can hope Trump picks a good VP, then gets himself impeached!

L-O-L!!!  I gotta admit, that made me laugh pretty good. 

4 hours ago, Kwood92 said:

Any bets or who his VP  selection  will be?   Is he going to go with an establishment pick or a wild card.     The wild card probably doesn't make sense as it will only appeal to the ones who are already on his team.  An establishment choice would make more sense and help bring over some of the republicans on the fence.    I don't imagine any establishment candidate would want to be on the ticket with him though.   A brokered convention could bring Mitt Romney back into play .  He may have the best chance of beating Hillary.   

On the Democrats side the smart choice for Hillary would be Cory Booker or someone a little further to the left than her.   To help her pick up some of the Bernie Sanders young vote.   

That's a great question!  We haven't even gotten into the VP selections and Trump's is not only the very curious one but so isn't Hillary's, that's assuming they both get the party nomination of course.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 5:36 PM, Hatem said:

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 4:47 PM, Kwood92 said:

What happen to the middle when you could be liberal about something and conservative about other things. Why do we all need to fit into one gang or another gang.

The news media needs a way to categorize everything so they know who to attack or support. They don't give a crap about what your opinion really is unless it fans the flames in such a way that it allows them to generate more ad revenue.

As for who do I want to be president?  I'm more focused on who's going to be First Lady.  I'm voting for Melania. She'll be the hottest first lady since Jacqueline Kennedy. Do you really want Bill as our first lady?

31 minutes ago, SST said:

The news media needs a way to categorize everything so they know who to attack or support. They don't give a crap about what your opinion really is unless it fans the flames in such a way that it allows them to generate more ad revenue.

As for who do I want to be president?  I'm more focused on who's going to be First Lady.  I'm voting for Melania. She'll be the hottest first lady since Jacqueline Kennedy. Do you really want Bill as our first lady?

Bill Clinton years were some of the best years this country had seen and people don't give him credit because they say it was all congress.  Well guess who unified congress?  It was more like Hillary was the first lady while Bill had Monika under the table lol so I would be a lot more worried about what she has picked up in the White House since being Secretary of State under Obama's first term than her days as the first lady, are you kidding me!  She is a wicked shrewd witch, believe me.  But I think I'll take her without a vote than that other idiot.

8959241b1f7aa6ef639945fda95ad67e.jpg

Oh my goodness, she was so beautiful I'm so in love with this woman, even in her death.  That day with in that pink suit and flowers in Dealey Plaza is unforgettable.

Man, Bernie Sanders kicked Hillary's $^& last week.  What's interesting is the mathematics behind the counts and if you look at the comparison between those two, you would think he has a chance to catch up but almost all the pros on the news following this stuff and that really understand it say no way unless some miracle happens.  Anyway, looks like Wisconsin is up this week and a big state for both parties.

Still, no one has made a bold prediction and how about something we haven't even addressed yet which is a HUGE factor and that is a woman president!  Is this country ready for the gender adaptation (not that there is anything wrong with it) but we know women moving up the ranks has taken time and the most important position not just in this country but in the world could easily be run by a woman and that seems to be taking a back seat to all the shenanigans happening in the Republican party.  But look at the women leaders of the past an present.  Seems like it works except in Brazil where corruption is rampant.

First time in 44 years that this close to an election I still have no idea who I will vote for. Sad times.

No true American citizen does.  Only the political parties chosen, in line & conformists,   " Yes people "   always know who to vote for.

On 3/31/2016 at 4:33 AM, Wingnut said:

First time in 44 years that this close to an election I still have no idea who I will vote for. Sad times.

Truly sad times, no question, but very interesting in many ways.  

My personal interest is who is more qualified to improve this country's economy and be the firmest against terrorism under the rules of the Geneva Convention but still be able to perform special ops beyond the GC outline that will destroy ISIS because I, like most everyone else fear they're on their way to this country when they're done in Europe.  They scare the living daylights out of me.  Look what Russia was able to do to them in 2 weeks of only heavy, aerial bombing in Syria? 

Trump says mostly all the right things (until recently he' had to put his foot in his mouth) but when they ask him how he will do these things, he has nothing.  Plus does the lack of any political experience have a negative affect to hold against him?

No one, not even the media has said anything about a woman becoming a president for the first time, as in Hillary's case and that is also good in a way that no one is talking about it because then it means that it doesn't matter.  But I think the fact that she's been so close to the White House as First Lady to Bill and as the Secretary of State for Obama's first term and a Senator for the state of New York etc., but if she gets elected, then we certainly are in the midst of very interesting times as a woman president follows a black/African American 2-termer!  

Then there's all the shenanigans with the Trump posse and the entire Republican Campaign and I think he's recent stand on abortion will ruin him even more, not to mention that he just announced he would NOT support the eventual nominee of the Republican party in South Carolina but that could trickle further even though he signed an oath in that state to support the eventual nominee and then he takes it back.  This flip flop galore just like he flip flopped on the punishment of whomever performs abortions is gonna hurt him more that his fat $^& mouth.  

This is why I said in the beginning he might've had momentum with all the great ideas and the wall with Mexico and the bullying and all that stuff but when it comes down to the nitty gritty stuff and HOW he plans on doing things, I think he'll be in a lot of trouble and will fade quickly.  

Hilary, only place for her is the big house, not the White House... Jail or pardoned by Obama, being a vet I could never vote for her.  Plus if she was to make it and win, who will protect the interns from Bill.  Don't be so quick to give Bill the credit for his presidency, he just happened to be president during the Internet boom.  Trump will be the GOP candidate and, if not he will runs as an independant and Hilary or Burnie walks in to the White House.  Don't count the "Burn" out just yet, he is gaining solid ground.   Then there is that large group of voters who we can't forget.  The same one's that got Obama elected.  Most aren't of age to vote in the primary's just yet but, come election time they will be out in force and a very LARGE force.  High school grad across the country will be voting in mass for the "Burn" count on it (Free College).  These are interesting times we live in are they not?  My prediction:  Trump will win, because of an attack on our soil and the overwhelming outrage because, of our current White House Policy's that do not keep us safe.  195 felons pardoned give me a brake.....

On 3/31/2016 at 8:48 PM, Hatem said:

Still, no one has made a bold prediction and how about something we haven't even addressed yet which is a HUGE factor and that is a woman president!  Is this country ready for the gender adaptation (not that there is anything wrong with it) but we know women moving up the ranks has taken time and the most important position not just in this country but in the world could easily be run by a woman and that seems to be taking a back seat to all the shenanigans happening in the Republican party.  But look at the women leaders of the past an present.  Seems like it works except in Brazil where corruption is rampant.

This is  great question.   I'm not sure we are ready for a woman president.  I don't think we were ready for an African American president. Which is part of the reason for the rise of someone like Trumph.  (love that spelling).   We can all debate how President Obama has done for hours on end, with  all of us having different views on different issues.  What I do think his presidency has show in there are still a bias unconscious or conscious in our world.  (this is not limited to this country or to just race).  Of course we have the added clear bias one way or another by the different media outlets to fuel the flames.     I also  know the majority of the voters are woman so it is just a matter of time before we have a woman president.   I think Hatem make a good point they have seem to work out well in other countries.   I don't see it as a problem as long as we have the right woman for the job.     I am still debating who is the best candidate for this country at this time.   The only person I have eliminated right now is Trumph.     

50 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Hilary, only place for her is the big house, not the White House... Jail or pardoned by Obama, being a vet I could never vote for her.  Plus if she was to make it and win, who will protect the interns from Bill.  Don't be so quick to give Bill the credit for his presidency, he just happened to be president during the Internet boom.  Trump will be the GOP candidate and, if not he will runs as an independant and Hilary or Burnie walks in to the White House.  Don't count the "Burn" out just yet, he is gaining solid ground.   Then there is that large group of voters who we can't forget.  The same one's that got Obama elected.  Most aren't of age to vote in the primary's just yet but, come election time they will be out in force and a very LARGE force.  High school grad across the country will be voting in mass for the "Burn" count on it (Free College).  These are interesting times we live in are they not?  My prediction:  Trump will win, because of an attack on our soil and the overwhelming outrage because, of our current White House Policy's that do not keep us safe.  195 felons pardoned give me a brake.....

Love the line about the interns and Bill LOL!  You're perspective as a vet is excellent to hear and super interesting to me because I have a couple of Gulf War veteran buddies as well as "Iraqi Freedom" ones and I love listening to them when it comes to this political or other issues, at least the ones that do talk.  I only know a few from Vietnam but just as acquaintances.  If you don't mind me asking, are you a recent vet or an older one?  Just curious and you don't have to answer if you don't wish. 

I love the idea of free college by Sanders, but he's basically talking about public colleges where you'd save an average of $1,300 which hey, that's a great savings and the rest of his plans to mandatory reduce the rates of all past, present and future loans to today's lower rates of 2.37% is also great while at the same his " Allow students to use need-based financial aid work study programs" to make college debt free" kinda exists in a way already via financial aid but it isn't regulated and mandated under strict laws and is based only on each individual college's rules.  But the fact that this plan will be paid for by imposing a fraction of a percent on the the Wall Street speculators who nearly destroyed this country 8 years ago and is similar to what many successful countries do such as Germany, Great Britain, France even China does it lol.  This is a perfect example of the difference between him and Trump as he has these plans he's putting on the table while you ask Trump "how will you build that wall" and he says "I don't know, we'll just make Mexico pay for it" lol.    

So that will be good but you're timing on when the students become of age might or might not matter since it will take years for him to pass this plan as a bill (should he get elected) and will it be in the immediate interest of these newly graduated students?  No, but they will eventually benefit if it does pass through within their college tenure as their loan percentages will drop and they might have the option to finish college under this plan.

BTW, I wasn't counting him out at all, it's just he has a tough battle to take on Hillary, that's all.  Great post, BTW.

The king of the USA   (  a elected president ). Can &   MUST pass all laws by  Executive Order.  Otherwise NOTHING is voted on by the present & following congress groups.

We have to remember, that in life, everything has a cause and effect but always follow the money for the root of the problem.  If we want free education, something has to give.  Think of all of the jobs lost, no more need for financial aid advisor and, more importantly big banking are going to lose the student loans (that ain't happening).  How will you keep the colleges from enrolling out of country students to get the higher tuition, like what is happening in California at UC right now (turning down state applicants in favor of out of country applicants $$$$).  Bernie will have to address how he will keep the colleges from ripping off the government just like the health care industry is doing to Medicare and Obama Care.    Where will all the tax advisors, accounts, Internal Revenue employees, and lawyers who depend on the convoluted tax system go?  Oh that's right we can just move the  IRS over to policing education and healthcare in the new "EHP" Education Healthcare Policing Department.  Being a Vietnam Vet I like the "burns" ideas on education but can't see how the $$$ people will ever let it happen.  Same goes for the flat tax, (Flat Tax Ted).  Or do we really need to just do like the Donald has done on TV and "FIRE" the bunch of them and start over?  Me, I'm a right in for Donald Duck for Pres and Mickey Mouse as the VP (for now) but, anything is better than Killary....  

The problem with American politics is that both parties are being taken over by severe religious groups.  So religion is front & center causing another broken country.  Even the extreme right groups could not pick a person to support. So the head of the group picked Cruizer. Most people are not aware how badly  religion & politics get along.  There never is a compromise or middle ground between religions. 

" Are you with us totally?  Or against us ? "

1 hour ago, cyclops2 said:

The problem with American politics is that both parties are being taken over by severe religious groups.  So religion is front & center causing another broken country.  Even the extreme right groups could not pick a person to support. So the head of the group picked Cruizer. Most people are not aware how badly  religion & politics get along.  There never is a compromise or middle ground between religions. 

" Are you with us totally?  Or against us ? "

They make fictional movies about these sort of things.

Is reality setting in?  Denny.

Holly  Wood   is all fictional. 

When Republicans hold up the bible to get votes ?   Tells us all where the real power is at.

On 4/1/2016 at 6:08 AM, Kwood92 said:

This is  great question.   I'm not sure we are ready for a woman president.  I don't think we were ready for an African American president. Which is part of the reason for the rise of someone like Trumph.  (love that spelling).   We can all debate how President Obama has done for hours on end, with  all of us having different views on different issues.  What I do think his presidency has show in there are still a bias unconscious or conscious in our world.  (this is not limited to this country or to just race).  Of course we have the added clear bias one way or another by the different media outlets to fuel the flames.     I also  know the majority of the voters are woman so it is just a matter of time before we have a woman president.   I think Hatem make a good point they have seem to work out well in other countries.   I don't see it as a problem as long as we have the right woman for the job.     I am still debating who is the best candidate for this country at this time.   The only person I have eliminated right now is Trumph.     

Thank you for acknowledging that really important aspect that seems to be overlooked by all the media, (probably because it is a sensitive issue) and it has worked very well except in Brazil like I mentioned as they already proceeded with impeaching Dilma Rousseff since she's just surrounded with corruption in that country.  But no one wants to bring it up and like I mentioned, it's the way it should be, that gender should not matter in this great country only their ability to run this country in the best way and to make changes for the better.  However, it would be the first time so should it be brought up?  That's why this run for presidency is just amazing! :)

6 hours ago, Hatem said:

Thank you for acknowledging that really important aspect that seems to be overlooked by all the media, (probably because it is a sensitive issue) and it has worked very well except in Brazil like I mentioned as they already proceeded with impeaching Dilma Rousseff since she's just surrounded with corruption in that country.  But no one wants to bring it up and like I mentioned, it's the way it should be, that gender should not matter in this great country only their ability to run this country in the best way and to make changes for the better.  However, it would be the first time so should it be brought up?  That's why this run for presidency is just amazing! :)

When we were rearing our children, I had 3 rules.

Don't lie to us.

Don't steal from us.

And don't bring anything into our home that can hurt us.

So my question is, who would you invite into your home?  Denny.