Hatem

Who Will Be The Next President?

Well I guess since I seem to be willing to comment here goes:

#1. COMMON SENSE as in don't look down on anyone

#2. RESPECT when its earned its deserved

#3. BEING HUMBLE. Knowing when to shut up

All I'm trying to say is if people had more respect for any person who does what they can and works as hard as I have seen many people without a higher education work, along with some common sense and didn't have to brag about how much better they are it would surely be a better world we live in.

I have a few employees that are much better humans than I and I hope that I can always appreciate that. 

Sadly, the human race can be very disappointing

Enjoy your day,  auggie

5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Agreed. However I believe it is still up to the individual person. I dated a woman that could easily be called a "Student". She had several advanced degrees. She remembered facts, dates and tested very well. School was easy for her. She could not think her way out of a wet paper bag. While she could answer any question on a test from the covered material, she COULD NOT apply any of it to the everyday world. She was LOST when it came time to figure out any problem on her own. I found it quite fascinating.  

This may be the second time i ever agreed with Guzzi  haha but I must have dated  the same woman LOL   I actually know a few people like this.   Book Smart  but no common sense.       

I agree with Augie  if we treated everyone with the same level or respect regardless of their situation, be it chosen or the result of other factors.  This world and our country would be a lot better place.  

I wish you guys would of warned me I'm pretty sure that's my first wife, thanks for the heads up guys

2 hours ago, Kwood92 said:
2 hours ago, Kwood92 said:

This may be the second time i ever agreed with Guzzi  haha but I must have dated  the same woman LOL   I actually know a few people like this.   Book Smart  but no common sense.       

I agree with Augie  if we treated everyone with the same level or respect regardless of their situation, be it chosen or the result of other factors.  This world and our country would be a lot better place.  

See, you almost had me there. The first time I said that "Education and Intelligence are two separate words that have two separate meanings" I was talking about this woman I dated.

Then you lost me again when you said  " if we treated everyone with the same level or respect regardless of their situation, be it chosen or the result of other factors". I respect those who make the effort to the limits of their abilities. As MLK Jr said If your lot in life is to be a street sweeper, be the best, be the Micheal Anglo of street sweepers.  I cannot and do do not think I should show any respect for anyone that has made no effort and feels entitled to their "Fair Share". I'm more of a work if you want to eat kind of guy. I'm not really a "My Brother's Keeper" kind of guy. I try to help when it is needed but I didn't take the world to raise.

I looked it up in the dictionary and "HELP" is defined as assisting others in THEIR efforts. I try to be someone you could count on for help if you needed it. Just not always the specific type of help you request. Don't tell me your kids are hungry and ask me for money. Just like two months ago in town when I made the guy mad, I helped in the manner I felt was help. I did not give him the money he was asking for. I went into the grocery store and bought 30 deer of groceries and brought out to him. He says "What the #$^% am I supposed to do with this",  I reply "feed your children that were hungry 20 minutes ago". No real reason for me to respect this gentleman at the same level as say you or Phillys Fan who has obviously worked hard for what they have. Even though we disagree on pretty much everything I respect you because you have (to my knowledge) provided for yourself through your own efforts.

Joe

On 4/7/2017 at 5:52 PM, Guzzi said:

See, you almost had me there. The first time I said that "Education and Intelligence are two separate words that have two separate meanings" I was talking about this woman I dated.

Then you lost me again when you said  " if we treated everyone with the same level or respect regardless of their situation, be it chosen or the result of other factors". I respect those who make the effort to the limits of their abilities. As MLK Jr said If your lot in life is to be a street sweeper, be the best, be the Micheal Anglo of street sweepers.  I cannot and do do not think I should show any respect for anyone that has made no effort and feels entitled to their "Fair Share". I'm more of a work if you want to eat kind of guy. I'm not really a "My Brother's Keeper" kind of guy. I try to help when it is needed but I didn't take the world to raise.

I looked it up in the dictionary and "HELP" is defined as assisting others in THEIR efforts. I try to be someone you could count on for help if you needed it. Just not always the specific type of help you request. Don't tell me your kids are hungry and ask me for money. Just like two months ago in town when I made the guy mad, I helped in the manner I felt was help. I did not give him the money he was asking for. I went into the grocery store and bought 30 deer of groceries and brought out to him. He says "What the #$^% am I supposed to do with this",  I reply "feed your children that were hungry 20 minutes ago". No real reason for me to respect this gentleman at the same level as say you or Phillys Fan who has obviously worked hard for what they have. Even though we disagree on pretty much everything I respect you because you have (to my knowledge) provided for yourself through your own efforts.

Joe

Joe,  

When i said regardless off their situation, be it chosen...   meaning It's not my job to judge the decisions they have made in the past that led them to where they are now or to judge anyone's ability based on my ability to do something. .  I agree with your statement as i also respect those who are doing the best they can.  What I don't know nor does anyone really know if someone is doing the best they can.  We can only look from the outside and assume they are not.  We have little insight into their mind or body capabilities.  For example I could work all i want t to try and beat MJ at basketball .   If me eating was dependent on winning the game,  I would starve to death because regardless of how hard I work my  natural ability has a limit.   If you were watching this game  based on the mentality of your statement you would be in the stands watching saying I am just not trying hard enough and i deserve to starve.      This is where I a "My Brother's Keeper" kind of guy.   No knock on your or choice or but I was raised with a different mentality.   I respect your stance I just disagree based on my life experience. 

The funny thing is I have done the same thing you did with the groceries.     

I don't believe anyone did everything all by themselves and we all have had help on some level.  Sometimes we just don't realize the help we had.      

I have provided for myself and my family through my own efforts.  That doesn't mean i didn't have help along the way.   I mean i was given a free education through high school by the govt.  My parents help me keep things straight,  I also had other people in my life who helped keep me focus with support, guidance and reassurance.   So I don't believe i did it all myself.  What i did do myself was keep moving forward and working hard.    I believe most people do the same, they just don't all have the same natural abilities, mental abilities, mental strength , opportunities or support system others have.  

I would bet most on this forum had advantages growing up. It could be as simple as two parents, food, shelter, things others didn't have. For someone to judge if another person worked hard enough is laughable. I learned work ethic from two hard working parents, without them who knows.

1 minute ago, phills fan said:

I would bet most on this forum had advantages growing up. It could be as simple as two parents, food, shelter, things others didn't have. For someone to judge if another person worked hard enough is laughable. I learned work ethic from two hard working parents, without them who knows.

+1

43 minutes ago, phills fan said:

+2

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, Big Fun said:

Times have changed since the sixties but not for the better.

Come on, we're not fooled.  You're sig pic is clear as day it's more like "since the 30's" :lol:

On 5/1/2017 at 7:37 AM, Hatem said:

Come on, we're not fooled.  You're sig pic is clear as day it's more like "since the 30's" :lol:

Yes and you are no Spring Chicken either.

B2314C5E-599E-41A5-B8B5-8FE6A871160A_zps

Except most appointed people to posts involving security of any type.

Business people have NO IDEA what constitutes  aiding & dealing with countries trying to take over the USA.

Did you watch the TV hearings yesterday ?    Very sad when Clapper admitted how successful the Russians were at getting into our elections over many years.

Yates cleared up the poor VP taking a lot of needless heat.

Business people should stay in what they do best.  It is NOT POLITICS on a daily basis with lots of more highly qualified people providing them with facts that they refuse to believe.

Being a successful dictator in a private company. Has nothing to do with being a president of any country on earth.

Are you comparing Trump's business abilities to Obama's community organizer talents? 

17 hours ago, Big Fun said:

Are you comparing Trump's business abilities to Obama's community organizer talents? 

No comparison .  One started with nothing, even had to break a racial barrier, with a Muslim name post 911  and catapulted all the way to a two term President.   Proved to everyone the american dream is still possible if you work hard.   

The other,  Well that is still under investigation hahahaha.  

20 minutes ago, Kwood92 said:

No comparison .  One started with nothing, even had to break a racial barrier, with a Muslim name post 911  and catapulted all the way to a two term President.   Proved to everyone the american dream is still possible if you work hard.   

You may want to read his true biography.  I find it better to be informed.  Although the man worked hard he was neither rich nor poor by a long shot.  I'm not a fan but he did rise to the top. That's a very noteworthy accomplishment.  But from nothing?  Not really

16 hours ago, Auggie said:

You may want to read his true biography.  I find it better to be informed.  Although the man worked hard he was neither rich nor poor by a long shot.  I'm not a fan but he did rise to the top. That's a very noteworthy accomplishment.  But from nothing?  Not really

I did happen to read his biography.   He certainly wasn't rich and you are correct he wasn't poor either but he certainly came from middle class america..     When I say nothing i was referring to coming from a community organizer making 10K a year.  vs a million dollar start up money from dear old dad.   

Again he proved to a generation of Americans that the American dream is still alive regardless of the many obstacles you may face.  whether you like his politics or not he got there through hard work.   Something most true conservatives would applaud if it was any other person.  

If a person is not 1 of us now ?

He will never be one of us. We only use him as much as we can. To destroy his group.

Happens every day to millions around the world. 

What else is new ?

On 2/19/2017 at 2:11 AM, Richard W said:

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Time will tell ...

Time is starting to tell ... not a pretty story ... :popcorn:

Old people make POOR  RULERS.  He is WAY WAY over the hill. Add in his sex & power needs.  Well.

There is ABSOLUTITLY no MENTAL safety checks BEFORE becoming a president.  Maybe we all learn that loophole from Trump.

Poor old guy.

On 5/13/2017 at 10:14 AM, phills fan said:

Come on, the media doesn't matter just listen to what this guy says.

Thank God media does not matter.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/

I really don't care what he says. I see what he is doing and trying to do. Problem is most only see what shows up on that tv thing.

Joe