Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chaparral Web Team

Forum Upgrade

38 posts in this topic

Webbie - is there a way that when I go into a thread that it jumps to the last comment that I have not read?  I'm using mobile version and every time I go into a thread it goes to the beginning.... Some threads are very long :)

Looks good but hard to get used to at first because we've been so used to the old version.  But I'm sure this is better and it'll only be a matter of time before getting used to all the new features and stuff.  Nice job.

It's gonna take a little getting used to, with all the changes, but I like it so far.

Nice Job.  So instead of having an image icon in the top tool bar, you just go to the bottom right where it says "insert other media" and that's where you'll get a window similar to the previous icon image to post a pic.  I little more complicated than before but a very minor thing.

20150910_193315_zpsj6lo5xyn.jpg

@ admin ... re Notification Settings

There are some "hard coded" settings that cannot be changed by user that route the notifications via email. I don't want anything to be robosent to me from this or any other site via email. There is enough garbage and noise already in my inbox. Could you remove the restrictions that prohibit the user to opt out from receiving any and all roboemails from the site. TIA.

On 3/16/2016 at 2:44 PM, cyclops2 said:

So we still can not upload from our computers.  I refuse to go thru anything like Photo Bucket.  They hacked me several times. 

Oh well. Had hoped for direct uploading from a personal computer.

The gallery should be back online so you should be able to upload photos as before. 

In the top menu of the site:  Gallery -> Add Images -> Select Category -> Create Album, or Use Existing Album

Then just follow the steps to up the pic.

Then to insert a gallery image into a post just use the 'Insert other media' button at the bottom right of the post editor.

Does this help?

10 hours ago, Richard W said:

@ admin ... re Notification Settings

There are some "hard coded" settings that cannot be changed by user that route the notifications via email. I don't want anything to be robosent to me from this or any other site via email. There is enough garbage and noise already in my inbox. Could you remove the restrictions that prohibit the user to opt out from receiving any and all roboemails from the site. TIA.

Ok, I think this is what you want:

Click your username in the top right of the screen. 

Then Click Settings.

Then on the right side of the page, under 'Other Settings' you should see 'Notification Settings'

Username -> Settings -> Notification Settings

There you can check/uncheck how you wish to be notified of posts, threads..etc.

Let me know if this works for you.

The new forum upgrade is so Dog gone easy to use.  Even my human gets it.

30A41979-518F-439A-8AEF-A396044D7DF3_zps

3 hours ago, Chaparral Web Team said:

Ok, I think this is what you want:

Click your username in the top right of the screen. 

Then Click Settings.

Then on the right side of the page, under 'Other Settings' you should see 'Notification Settings'

Username -> Settings -> Notification Settings

There you can check/uncheck how you wish to be notified of posts, threads..etc.

Let me know if this works for you.

Yes, that is the Notification Settings Page I am talking about ...

If you scroll down below the first gray outline box and below the first SAVE button, you will see another area; a three column table, with second column settings for Notification List and third column settings for Email.

In the Email column, there are some default checks there that were set by you (or defaulted from software install) that the user cannot change. Please release these checks from admin control and let users set what they want ... or don't want. Once you do this, you might want to verify that the admin/install defaults in the Notification List column make sense ... some will not make sense once you make changes in Email column.

Again, my goal is to remove any and/or all options for roboemail to be sent automatically to the user. Let the user decide.

4 hours ago, Richard W said:

Yes, that is the Notification Settings Page I am talking about ...

If you scroll down below the first gray outline box and below the first SAVE button, you will see another area; a three column table, with second column settings for Notification List and third column settings for Email.

In the Email column, there are some default checks there that were set by you (or defaulted from software install) that the user cannot change. Please release these checks from admin control and let users set what they want ... or don't want. Once you do this, you might want to verify that the admin/install defaults in the Notification List column make sense ... some will not make sense once you make changes in Email column.

Again, my goal is to remove any and/or all options for roboemail to be sent automatically to the user. Let the user decide.

Ok, we have adjusted those settings, please take a look and see if that is better? 

BTW, those were default settings, not something we setup.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Great, that was it ... thanks. I suspected that these settings were the install defaults and not intentional settings.

Now, you might want to verify that the install defaults in the Notification List column make sense. Specifically the first "Messenger" section has two available options that are permanently checked off ... the user cannot set notifications for messenger alerts.