1988 Chaparral 198 CXL

My wife and I recently purchased a 1988 Chaparral 198 CXL.  We need to replace the floor and pretty much all of the interior.  This is our first boat and we are hoping to find ideas and suggestions on how to replace the floor and where to get good reasonably priced interior fabric or replacement parts.  Any advice and assistance is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Eric & Tanya Teagle

Lehigh Acres, Florida

I had  a 1987 XL bow rider which I had to restore. While not having and floor issues to deal with, the interior was a complete restoration. Getting replacement parts is not possible unless you would find a donor boat (which I didn't) so I had to custom make all the parts. You can maybe get some pointers from my rebuild thread listed here on this page. Hope you can find some help in my experiences.

And, welcome to the forum! If you have questions about anything, don't be afraid to post here! There is a wealth of knowledge amongst the membership and the only cost is lots and lots of pictures of your boat!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/3/2559 at 9:23 PM, RichMarionOhio said:

I had  a 1987 XL bow rider which I had to restore. While not having and floor issues to deal with, the interior was a complete restoration. Getting replacement parts is not possible unless you would find a donor boat (which I didn't) so I had to custom make all the parts. I think you'll find this post quite helpful.You can maybe get some pointers from my rebuild thread listed here on this page. Hope you can find some help in my experiences.

And, welcome to the forum! If you have questions about anything, don't be afraid to post here! There is a wealth of knowledge amongst the membership and the only cost is lots and lots of pictures of your boat!

Nearly to the end now.

• 4 years later...
On 3/21/2016 at 9:23 PM, RichMarionOhio said:

I had  a 1987 XL bow rider which I had to restore. While not having and floor issues to deal with, the interior was a complete restoration. Getting replacement parts is not possible unless you would find a donor boat (which I didn't) so I had to custom make all the parts. You can maybe get some pointers from my rebuild thread listed here on this page. Hope you can find some help in my experiences.

Yes it's really nearly to the end now.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Im Liam Walker professional blogger I enjoy writing on multiple callings with a firm grip on specialty include digital marketing, affiliate marketing, entertainment, and e-commerce blogs I have been currently working with theextradiscount on a manager post, besides being a writer by day I keep up with the research at night which helps me master over the skills along with gaining information. When I am not working I enjoy traveling, experimenting with food, and reading mythical masterpieces.
Grab preeminent discounts with astounding & ritzy deals on
Extracoupon & enjoy savings 20% off on your entire E-shopping.