Sign in to follow this  
cyn5351

Need Trailer Help

We purchased a 2004 204 last summer and the trailer that came with it was trash. We've had a terrible time loading and unloading the boat because it just doesn't seem to fit right. Always off center, etc. No real way to go back to the seller and get this resolved. I'm really worried that someone is going to get hurt or something goes wrong. So I'm looking for a trailer and I'm very concerned about the fit. Can't afford to go brand new 4 deer plus so I've been looking used.

The dealer has a trailer that was made for a 206 but when sold the buyer didn't want the trailer. I'm wondering if my boat will fit this trailer. Its a little more than I want to pay but its an option.I found another used trailer on Craigslist. Its a roadmaster that was carrying a 22 foot monterey ls 218. the beam for this boat id 8.6 and the beam for my 204 is 8.4. Would this be a good fit. Its about hlaf the price of the dealer trailer.

How would you suggest that I ensure the fit? Ask the seller to take it to the lake and load my boat on it? any other suggestions?

If the trailer has adjustable bunks, you can likely make it fit. If the bunks are fixed, like on my TENNESSEE Trailer, then it will be very difficult to adjust for a proper fit. 

brick

Maybe you can salvage your trailer that came with the boat.  Post some pictures of your boat and trailer and I'm sure you will get advise.

I've already taken my trailer to a reputable repair shop and they quoted my over 3 deer to fix practically everything, so I said no way. Just today I found a RoadMaster that previously had a Monterey 218LS on it. Beam and weight are very similar. Does anyone have any experience with these trailers?