On-board charger crapped out ...need replacement for my Sig 310...which one to get?

The other day , I learned that my charger crapped out because I would lose the radio & get dimmed lights while plugged into shore power.

It is not charging the house battery anymore!

Now I need a new charger, just wondering if there is one that can be installing in my Sig 310 that is a good replacement ? Maybe the ProMariner Pronautic 1230P?

Thanks for any input!

53 minutes ago, The Great Escape II said:

Contact Promariner directly, the offer a big discount for replacement. 

You picked the right one.  I have the 1220p and I added the remote display in the cabin.

+1  - I replaced mine with a great discount from Promariner a few years back... 50 + % off if I remember correctly.

53 minutes ago, The Great Escape II said:

You picked the right one.  I have the 1220p and I added the remote display in the cabin.

Yep, I have done that twice over the years. GREAT to work with! In a 310, I would think you would need at lest a 40 amp like the 1240P

1 hour ago, The Great Escape II said:

While I also got a great discount on a newer model from ProMariner, I found an even better deal on eBay.  It was a direct replacement and has worked flawlessly for almost two years now.  It was less than 100 deer!  Great people to deal with too.  Fantastic service and they followed up with me after the sale!  Here's the seller's store:

http://stores.ebay.com/The-ChargerGuy/_i.html?_nkw=%28waterproof%2C+prosport%2C+XPS%2C+protournament%29&submit=Search

I would stick with the 1230P or 1240P. More with the 40P because you will be charging at lest 3 batteries and running the house off of it. Also it displays amps & volts to show you more of what's going on. 

My original went belly up last year.  I got the 1240P and it's great.  They have made real progress over the last decade.  I have two AGM cranking batteries and one lead-acid deep cycle house battery.  I don't have the remote display, but when I check the engine room before and after using the boat, the display on the charger is easy to see.

Before you go and buy a new charger check the old one out.  My 3 bank charger was not charging.  But the lights were all on and everything on the charger.  Opened it up and there was a 20 amp automotive fuse that looked good.  But when I took it out it had some corrosion on it.  Cleaned it up and put it back in and it fired up.  

I also bought it from the ChargerGuys.com.  They are reconditioned but still come with the warranty.  

2 hours ago, Jjlai724 said:

Before you go and buy a new charger check the old one out.  My 3 bank charger was not charging.  But the lights were all on and everything on the charger.  Opened it up and there was a 20 amp automotive fuse that looked good.  But when I took it out it had some corrosion on it.  Cleaned it up and put it back in and it fired up.  

I also bought it from the ChargerGuys.com.  They are reconditioned but still come with the warranty.  

Great point.  ALSO, if you contact Promariner they will send you a troubleshooting guide just to make sure it's not a fuse or something simple.  I learned a lot going through the guide and did indeed find the charger was kaput. 

I had to buy a new charger last year, ended up going with "The ChargerGuy"  Very easy to work with, even had what I thought was a problem with new charger (didn't have one) called him on a Saturday afternoon, he answered the phone and was very helpful.  I have 3 batteries, 2 house and 1 starter and ended up buying the 1230P, and it works great.