Sign in to follow this  
98Sig29

98 Signature 29 - New Owner

Hello All, 

I've recently purchased a 1998 Signature 29 and I couldn't be more excited.  Still trying to figure out all the buttons and have a quick question.  What components(tables/cushions) are utilized to set-up the dining area bed? I have the table top and short pole but it doesn't seem to fit correctly.  Also not sure what cushions to use. I may not have them but haven't been able to find information.  Thanks and I look forward to chatting with you. Regards.

Welcome! Where are you located? Congrats and have any pictures?

Are you sure the dining area makes a bed? That boat sleeps four or six?

Located in Northwest Arkansas. Pic attached from the driveway.  Just made the purchase Tuesday so still in cleaning/prep-for-water mode!  More pics to come soon!

Boat sleeps 6.  I've seen several sites referring to the conversion to sleep 2 with an inset cushion but I don't have a cushion on the boat.  May have gotten lost between owners previously. 

When I bought my '99 it was missing the table, front isinglass, and v berth filler cushion. I have a non-oem table from another boat that is nearly identical that i set in the v berth to support a cushion I had made. The material for the cushion is not an exact match to the other cushions, but it is close. I also ordered the oem isinglass from rnrmarine. With old boats, it's hard to have everything unfortunately. That's a nice boat! I really like the older sigs better than the new ones. Much more sporty looking.

Sounds like you might be missing a cushion or two... On mine, an 02 280, the table goes down even with the fiberglass the seats sit on. A bar goes from side to side in the front..  Then 2 cushions go on top of the table to fill in the middle.

On May 19, 2016 at 2:22 PM, Scottbrown312 said:

Sounds like you might be missing a cushion or two... On mine, an 02 280, the table goes down even with the fiberglass the seats sit on. A bar goes from side to side in the front..  Then 2 cushions go on top of the table to fill in the middle.

Hey Scott, i think you're right. Now looking to get a custom cushion made for the space!