Sign in to follow this  
Kehrlide

2010 Sunesta 264 Kenyon Grill Replacement

Hello,

I was curious if anyone has decided to remove the Kenyon electric grill (that apparently never worked right)?  If so, what did you replace it with?  I see some models for sale that do not have the grill had some form of a stainless steel looking reset sink?  Does anyone know where that can be purchased?  Any other cool options out there?  Do not want to have a big whole in the wet bar and am getting a little tired of having to look at a grill that is "for show" only....haha.  Thanks! 

IMG_1279.JPG

My grill works and I use it almost every outing. It`s one of the primary reasons why I choose that model.  I would do some troubleshooting into the systems of it and find out what is bad; batteries, inverter, ect. You could probably purchase the stainless steel tub from a dealer and put in the hole, but I bet it is not cheap.

So your grill works???  You're kidding me!!  Everything I read was that it was an issue straight from the manufacturer, it killed a battery in like 15 miniutes and so I have not even spent any time trying to diagnose yet....you are giving me hope!!! 

What kind of stuff are you grilling?  Anything that takes longer than 15 minutes? 

I cook hamburgers, hotdogs, steak and shrimp all the time. I have found that anything you could cook with gas or charcoal you can cook with the electric.

I would start by examining each component to rule out the defective item. Start with the batteries, AGM is recommended, but I use interstate deep cycles. Test each cell to make sure it is fully charged, it does draw a lot of juice, so they need t be strong. Check your cables, make sure the terminals are clean, system should be wired in parallel. I have found that the batteries have about two good cooks in them before they start to get weak, so use the onboard charger when you get back home or to your slip.

Then the inverter, this is the most problematic item. It is voltage sensitive, if anything is amiss, it will shut down. If the power light does not come on, pull it out and check it with a voltmeter. Check that the reset has not tripped. There is also a phone cord like line that clips into the top which goes to an on off switch behind the drivers seat.  Then the grill itself, plug it into a 110 extension cord, see if it comes on, if not, the element is bad.

It can be frustrating at times, but I bet with a little effort of diagnosis, maybe a new part(inverter) you can get it running. PM me if you have any specific answers.

Chap243 I really appreciate this advice/guidance.  I will print this out and take with me to the boat to work on.  It wouldn't surprise me if it is the inverter.  I have one under the port side seating storage area and also one mounted in the ski locker well.  I have noticed that the one in the ski locker well doesn't seem to be working, so I can probably fiddle with that a bit first. 

They must have moved the inverter in subsequent years as mine is in the cabinet next to the pull out cooler. I assumed it was put there to be within plug in range of the grill itself. I don't see how your grill cord is long enough to reach your inverters. Do you know which inverter services the grill? I would bet it's the one in the ski locker. If you can, remove it and take it home and test it.