Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TNBrett

Lake Lanier recommendations

12 posts in this topic

We're going to visit some friends in Buford GA next week and are taking the boat. I'm looking for some recommendations on ramps, or anything else for that matter. Our friends haven't been there long and don't have a boat (yet), but we're looking forward to getting back on the lake with them. 

Thanks for the link.  I'm assuming there's a little less traffic on the northern end because its farther from Atlanta. 

We had a great time last weekend on the lake with our friends.  Friday we put in at the Lanier Islands bridge ramp.  It was small, but still pretty nice.  It got a little busier later in the afternoon, but nothing that kept us from doing anything.  Saturday my friend had a work event at the Olympic paddle facility, so afterwards we launched at Laurel Park.  That is probably the biggest ramp I have ever seen.  8 Lanes, and 2 staging areas.  There must have been parking for over 100 trailers.  I guess everybody was scared off by the threat of rain, because it felt like we had the lake to ourselves.  We did spend a couple of minutes huddled under the bimini during a pass shower, but it was a lot of fun for the kids.  It was a beautiful lake, and we're looking forward to going back

Lanier is a beautiful lake, but too busy on the weekends, and too many big boats for my tastes. 

brick

Carters lake and Lake Blue Ridge are quickly becoming our go to lakes. Hartwell is nice as well. Others on the list to check out are Lake Burton and Lake Rabun (very small)

I use West Point Lake and Lake Eufaula, as I live in Peachtree City, southwest of Atlanta. The last thing I want to do on a weekend is trailer through Atlanta...

brick

Would love to check those lakes out as well, checking VRBO now.

Wak'in (Greg) is on Lake Martin. Another one to check out.

Lake Martin is a great boating destination. Lots of waterfront homes, condos and restaurant options. 

brick

:thl_speedboat:

On 6/28/2016 at 10:02 AM, brick said:

Lake Martin is a great boating destination. Lots of waterfront homes, condos and restaurant options. 

brick

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:11 PM, brick said:

I use West Point Lake and Lake Eufaula, as I live in Peachtree City, southwest of Atlanta. The last thing I want to do on a weekend is trailer through Atlanta...

brick

We are on Lake Seminole. It is about four hours from you or about the same time as Lanier on a weekend. This is a pretty big lake with three clear well marked channels. The main lake is pretty clean but there are a lot of stumps when you get out of the channels. We see a bunch of people trailer here for weekends. Around where we live we have several homeowners who are just weekenders.

Joe