mertzer

2012 xtreme 224 - WOT

54 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, mertzer said:

UPDATE;

Well, The props are back and the shop just called.  They hit 4900 RPM and 49MPH with a 3/4 tank of gas!!!

That has never happened before - I can't wait for the weekend!!!   Nor can I believe it took me 4 years to find this!

I'll post a final update once I get out this weekend - Looking forward to seeing what change it has on the hole shot.

Hold on!

17 hours ago, mertzer said:

UPDATE;

Well, The props are back and the shop just called.  They hit 4900 RPM and 49MPH with a 3/4 tank of gas!!!

That has never happened before - I can't wait for the weekend!!!   Nor can I believe it took me 4 years to find this!

I'll post a final update once I get out this weekend - Looking forward to seeing what change it has on the hole shot.

Mertzer- Good luck this weekend let us know how you make out.

Also where do you boat out of? Irondequoit Bay ? The river? Sodus? Braddock Bay? I'm out of Sodus.

what prop shop do you use and would you recommend them? Always looking for a good shop.

All,

My final Update - Once my props were re-pitched to "F4", the boat performance change is kinda shocking.  I plane in under 8 sec.  Top at around 47/48 mph and 4800/4900 RPM.  I had 7 abord over the weekend, full tank of fuel and 10 gal of fresh water and she went right on plane.  

I am sure I got the wrong props back when they were serviced two years ago.  I am fairly sure the variability was weight.  Add a few adults, some ballast and full tanks, and I just did not have the HP to get the F5's to get me on plane.  I wish I did not fight it for the past 2 years, but hey - all is good now.

Thanks for all the help - I never even considered the props I got back were not the ones I sent out, but that is the only plausible cause.  

MARK YOUR PROPS WHEN YOU SEND THEM FOR SERVICE!!!