Fuse panel sunesta 252

My 12v sockets and cigarette lighter stopped working  yesterday the cigarette lighter looked somewhat melted mY first guess is soMething was pressing it and it mAde a short so I wanted to check the fuse for it but I cannot locate the fuse panel box 

Thanks in advance 

You should not have a fuse. There should be a panel of circuit breakers under your helm. They are the push to reset type.

My initial impression with it looking like it was melted is that you were passing current through a poor connection, therefore heating the socket up. This could be because whatever you plugged in was not making good contact. This condition could actually occur and not trip the breaker. Once it gets hot enough wire or the solder connections within the plug can fail causing the plug to no longer work. Basically, either you have a tripped breaker or you will need a new plug.

Come to think of it, that Sunesta has a head in front of the helm. You might have to access the breakers through a panel in the head if you cannot access them under the helm.

On 5/30/2016 at 7:36 PM, BC2 said:

You should not have a fuse. There should be a panel of circuit breakers under your helm. They are the push to reset type.

My initial impression with it looking like it was melted is that you were passing current through a poor connection, therefore heating the socket up. This could be because whatever you plugged in was not making good contact. This condition could actually occur and not trip the breaker. Once it gets hot enough wire or the solder connections within the plug can fail causing the plug to no longer work. Basically, either you have a tripped breaker or you will need a new plug.

Come to think of it, that Sunesta has a head in front of the helm. You might have to access the breakers through a panel in the head if you cannot access them under the helm.

do you know where i can find the lay out for the breaker box panel 

6 hours ago, Heck876 said:

do you know where i can find the lay out for the breaker box panel 

If by "lay out" you mean a drawing of the breaker panel with labels, look in your owners manual.  Look toward the back by the wiring schematics.

• 1 year later...

Old thread...I know.

My docking lights are not working and I want to check the fuse on that circuit. I’m having trouble locating the fuse box / breaker panel...My manual says it’s near the helm but it does not indicate its exact location nor does it show an illustration of it. An image would be great but any info would be much appreciated.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, PAT said:

Isn't there a storage compartment in front of the helm with a door access panel on the side.  The breaker box should be in that compartment on the wall to your right as you look in. 

Would that compartment be inside the head in front of the helm? I haven’t looked there.

I’m not seeing anything fuse/breaker panel looking behind the helm/dash.

Here is the parts guide for a 2006 252.

http://forum.chaparralboats.com/publications/PartsGuides/Sunesta/2006/252.pdf

It shows the breaker box somewhere under the helm, hard to figure out from the pictures though.

I have another one that towards the end has a diagram of the breaker box that shows what each breaker is for.  Cannot attach it, so PM me and I will e-mail it to you.

I thought the 252 was more like the 254 with the head on the port side (my mistake).  It is in the same place only on the other side of the wall.  Yours is facing the helm, on the 254 it's turned around and facing away from the helm, in what is storage in the 254.