Dead Battery

Woke up to a dead battery on my (usually) trusty '03 Expedition tow vehicle. Grabbed the jumpbox (from the boat), stopped at my local repair shop and found out I had 4 days left on the full replacement warranty. 41 minutes later, I am on my way to work.

Maybe I should be as fastidious on my car maintenance as I am on boat maintenance...

brick

5 minutes ago, dn0349 said:

Well I hope my original battery will hold out on my '04 truck until I sell it and go pick up the new truck.  30ish days left.....come on baby! 

That is amazing. I never get more than 5 years, which is why I change the boat batteries every 3 years. 

brick

44 minutes ago, newboat2016 said:

Yes, it's right next to the muffler bearing housing. Be sure to change those bearings, too!

Good suggestion. I will do that when I switch to summer air in the tires...

brick

So my neighbor gets a call from his wife "I'm stuck, won't crank". He drives the 28 miles, jumps her ride and stops at the auto parts store for new battery, plugs, wires, fuel and air filter, blah, blah, blah. Pressure washes everything, tune up done. She rides into town, it rains and the window won't go up. Wet interior, wet wife, and she wades into him about getting something wet under the hood, blah, blah, blah.   He checks fuses, breakers, wires, and brings it over to see how to get the door interior panel off to get to the motor and door wiring. That's when I tell him he might want to flip the child lock switch to the off position and then put the window up. Sometimes another set of eyes...    W

13 hours ago, Phillbo said:

Who pressure washes an engine these days?

He's a 74 year old Marine, go hard or go home.   That said he also drives a Miata convertible. Sometimes I can't even look at him.  W