2000prowler

Steering Wheel 2005 255 SSI

Has anyone replaced the wood steering wheel with the spline hub with a non wood model.  I am trying to replace mine and the only place that has one on line is Cecil Marine but their prices are higher for parts and since they do not make the black steering wheel themselves I would imagine I can buy one cheaper from another source.  Although there are many on line, they do not say if they are splinned or not.  If you have any thoughts can you please tell me where to get a replacement with either a link or a part number.  Just dropped $17k on the replacement of my complete out drive transom plate y pipe and exhaust risers, I could really use a price break right now.  

On 6/6/2016 at 5:49 PM, AdamG2 said:

If yours is in good shape I will buy it.  Mine developed a crack :(

Mine is cracked in the rear of the wheel but not in the front if you are interested make me an offer and I will check on the shipping cost if you want it.

7 hours ago, 2000prowler said:

Thanks, I will give it a shot.  Were you able to find a center cap to cover the hole?

Yes, it came with a center cap insert.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:59 PM, 2000prowler said:

Mine is cracked in the rear of the wheel but not in the front if you are interested make me an offer and I will check on the shipping cost if you want it.

Mine is cracked in the back too, so I will pass.  Thanks for the reply.