Sign in to follow this  
Goula Guy

Factory anchor rope and Chain Size

Hi out there!

I have a 2005 290 Signature.  Can anyone tell me the size of the anchor rope and chain that was supplied by Chaparral?  I am looking to replace the setup and can't find it called out in any of my documentation.  I have a vertical windlass, original to the boat, and the manual calls for several different sizes according to the spool number.  I have not been able to find a number on the spool.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I would not base it on what the factory installed. I would base it on were you do your boating. Deep or shallow, lake vs salt would play into this. I too have a Sig 290, I have 25' of 3/8s chain and 150' of 1/2" line.  In some cases this is way too much.

If your really not sure, ask the boaters around you.

Thanks for the reply.  My main concern is compatibility with my windlass and not jamming up when retrieving.  Currently, I too have 25' of chain and 175' of what looks like 1/2" 8 ply rope.  I agree that in most cases that is too much rope as I usually only use the first 50' at most when anchoring.

If thats your concern, than I would go to the windless manual. I am sure you could down load it too.