Sign in to follow this  
WD

Engine hatch switch

While attempting to repair another switch contact I have apparently pulled a connector loose from the engine hatch switch on the dash. I have a 2005 256ssi. There is not enough wire to allow me to pull the dash panel forward enough to get my hand to the back of the switches let alone the ability to pull it out far enough to inspect.  Is all of that nest of wiring connected to a harness somewhere under there that would allow me to disconnect it and pull the dash panel completely out? Suggestions? 

I will give a generally truthfull statement about factory made wiring harnesses.

The       ACTUAL      quality varies with the person taking part in all the steps involved in the all of the many  steps required . It also is affected by a PURCHASING ACCOUNTANT & possibly a ASSEMBLY ACCOUNT.  Both reduce the costs to the    VERY MINIMUM. That    IS THEIR JOB. 

They are known to go too far some of  the time.

Add in a new wire man & if    ANYONE    including   ME.  Ever tried to pull a connector off a tight fit ? I could    EASILY cause a broken wire to then cause random intermittent signals.  hotter or cooler temperatures could cause more or less intermittent problems.

REALLY TOUGH call to do DIY wiring harness guessing.   You could easily cause more problems.

I always did the test on where the 2 contact wires went to. I made up 2    20' long jumper wires to connect to the easy to read meter beside me.

DISCONNECT THE battery     FIRST !!!!!

Thanks for the reply... I finally noitced that there was an access point to the back of the dash from the storage locker between the dash and bow. I was able to get a decent view of the wiring and locate my bad connection. 

3 hours ago, WD said:

Thanks for the reply... I finally noitced that there was an access point to the back of the dash from the storage locker between the dash and bow. I was able to get a decent view of the wiring and locate my bad connection. 

I was going to suggest that.....

Feel free to cut some of the Zip-Ties so you can remove the panel with out having to get in there. I Have.