ccvirginia

Question about circuit breaker

Hello all, I have to replace a bad circuit breaker under dash on my 2003 200 SSI (5.0 MPI Alpha). The post snapped off of it when I was attempting to remove the panel...#^@#*!

This push button breaker is for my ignition and is made by JoeMex 77 series 20A 125VAC 50/60Hz 50VDC. I see several 20 AMP breakers made by Blue Sea and Sierra but they all seem to be 32 VDC...

The broken breaker is pictured and this is what I'm thinking will replace it: https://www.bluesea.com/products/7057/Push_Button_Reset_Only_Quick_Connect_Circuit_Breaker_-_20_Amps

My question, is it safe to replace the 20 AMP 50 VDC Joemex with a 20 AMP 32 VDC from Sierra or Blue Sea systems? If not, does anyone no where I can pick up a replacement breaker? I've searched all over and can't seem to find 20 AMP 50 VDC circuit breakers anywhere.

Thank you in advance.

joemex.jpg

Your boat is 12 volts, yes? Which most boats are. Thats just the rating of the breaker, meaning. It is not designed to be used over that voltage.

BUT, I would go to the Blue Sea Systems site and pick a 12Volt breaker rated at 20 amps

I'm kind of a Noob with electrical ratings.

The oem breaker that are installed in my boat are the joemex 20 amp 50 vdc, just want to make sure I can go with a 20 amp 32 vdc since that seems like a very common breaker. Just concerned that it is 32 vdc and not 50 vdc

Thanks.

The higher the    VDC    number. The higher the DC voltage it can be used at. Either of the 32 or the 50 VDC breakers would be fine.

Since your dash is  open to the atmospheric air all the time. You do not need a more expensive  " Ignition Protected " rating on it.