Sign in to follow this  
vietpimp999

03 Chap 260 signature keys question.

Went to Home depot and Ace hardware but they didn't have the blank keys to make for the ignition and cabin, contacted Joe at Cecil but he doesn't have any either, anywhere else I could try ? 

I could not find them either. So I replaced the ignition switch and the cabin lock with new ones. I figured by the time I find the keys, I could have been done with it and onto another project. Albeit with less money in my pocket. 

It's been a while, but think it was about 200 deer for both. The ignition switch is easy find. Order from any marine ".com". The cabin latch was a little harder to find. And that took a little longer to fit too. Think that was about 150 deer. 

2 hours ago, Gregoryszabo said:

It's been a while, but think it was about 200 deer for both. The ignition switch is easy find. Order from any marine ".com". The cabin latch was a little harder to find. And that took a little longer to fit too. Think that was about 150 deer. 

Thanks ! 

Try a locksmith. The key is out there. Since you're somewhat local, Allied in Falls Church did them for me.

I swear I posted a response to this already but don't see it.  When I needed keys for my previous Chap, It donned on me that many makers use the same ignition components and the Sea Ray dealer up the street had them pre cut in stock for a couple of deer. The only downside was that the plastic on the key said Sea Ray.  They had the ignition and the glove. 

So I just had a VERY interesting experience. I've been wanting a 3rd ignition key to leave at the marina so they can service the boat or need to move it for whatever reason so I went to my favorite hardware store and while they didn't have it they recommended a locksmith several miles away....and off I went.

I got there and they noted that it was an IHCO key blank # 1679 ( it was stamped on the key) anyway they didn't have an exact match as the blank they had was about a 1/16" shorter and they figured they would try it as there were no notches in that part of the key. They cut it handed it to me and said if it works next time I am in the area to stop in and pay for it. If not they would order the correct blank have it in a couple of days and they could set me up.

So I just stopped by the boat and it worked!  Now I just have to go pay for it next time I'm in the area.

Locksmith is the way to go!

1 hour ago, ColdOne said:

So I just had a VERY interesting experience. I've been wanting a 3rd ignition key to leave at the marina so they can service the boat or need to move it for whatever reason so I went to my favorite hardware store and while they didn't have it they recommended a locksmith several miles away....and off I went.

I got there and they noted that it was an IHCO key blank # 1679 ( it was stamped on the key) anyway they didn't have an exact match as the blank they had was about a 1/16" shorter and they figured they would try it as there were no notches in that part of the key. They cut it handed it to me and said if it works next time I am in the area to stop in and pay for it. If not they would order the correct blank have it in a couple of days and they could set me up.

So I just stopped by the boat and it worked!  Now I just have to go pay for it next time I'm in the area.

Locksmith is the way to go!

Good info !  Been looking on the web last night and i think there maybe some blanks on amazon, i need to go to my boat too get the keys so see the exact key code thats on there to be sure, if that doesn't work out I will de try your route.  Thanks again man ! 

I think i found  both keys ( ignition and cabin) on amazon and eBay according to the key code, won't know for sure it it works or not until they arrived...keeping my fingers crossed. 

Ignition:     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K8E6SXQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cabin door:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/221756290810?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&var=520602074014&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT