WhatNext

Too Windy!

we had the same wind here in PA.  The lake looked like the ocean with white caps.  But we went out anyway and we used 3 anchors for our 2 boat raft up.  They held great and we still enjoyed the day.

I stayed in on Sunday too. Whitecaps in the river. Did some work on the boat so not a total waste of a day. But getting tired of this weather.  

1 minute ago, MonkeySeaII said:

we still enjoyed the day.

Luckily the dock where I keep the boat is a lot of fun so we hung out there all day and still had a good time. Even being near the boat is enough sometimes ;). 

We had whitecaps on the river plus I'm still learning how to dock.  LIke you we still went to the dock and hung out on the boat and still had a great time!  Actually it was more relaxing for me, not having to watch for debris in the river and not having to worry about the anchor dragging.

heck yeah, when I was on the Delaware River, the dock parties were just as fun as being out!  Without the worry of driving after tipping a few!  Yup, just being near the water is always great.  But my current marina is lame.  Never anyone there!

We went out on Lake Erie on Sunday afternoon, the wind was changing directions so we had 4 footers coming at is in all different directions. Made things tricky, but I was happy with the boats performance and the fact that no one got wet. The kids loved the rough water. 

We went out on the Susquehanna for about 45 minutes and turned around.  White caps crashing over the bow did not make the Admiral too happy. 

I did help a friend take his Four Winns 275 Vista to a marina for some work and getting out of and into the slip was quite a challenge. 

5 minutes ago, WhatNext said:

I did help a friend take his Four Winns 275 Vista to a marina for some work and getting out of and into the slip was quite a challenge. 

my buddy has a 25' pontoon and he had a heck of a time getting back into his slip!  Ended up in the rocks at one point!  I had my Admiral prepared that we may be "eating" the Mastercraft next to us in our slip because the wind was blowing direct abeam in that direction.  But my years of practice backing in paid off and I was dead nuts on!  The ride down the lake was not the most pleasant with the nasty chop.  But I did comment that I love how my 22.5 degree deadrise handles rough water!

We had a day like that last fall. Hole'd up (after about 6 attempts to dock) for the afternoon at the marina and watched all the fun. We helped out many fellow boaters as they attempted to dock...

brick

1 hour ago, acarter937 said:

I cleaned cockpit carpet, had two beers and a nap. 

Sounds like a perfect day!

that's some wind there! I don't blame you for staying on the hard.

We got out Saturday and it was beautiful. On Sunday, we picked up a bushel of crabs at the fish market and I saw acarter937's Tenacity! I wonder if he was inside sleeping.... 

We went out too..  had a 20 + boat tie up and a blast.. Took 2 tries to get back into the slip but that's what the abort button is for :)

If I was new at it I would have stayed at the dock too..  The first dock I had years ago there wasn't any room to abort. You either got in or you hit something. I stayed at the dock when it was windy when we were there.

I have more room now and the twins help a lot.

43 minutes ago, Scottbrown312 said:

Yup. I dated twins once...

brick

45 minutes ago, Scottbrown312 said:

Yes twins would make things a little more manageable. I'll have to wait for the next boat for that :D.

6 hours ago, CLEChap said:

We went out on Lake Erie on Sunday afternoon, the wind was changing directions so we had 4 footers coming at is in all different directions. Made things tricky, but I was happy with the boats performance and the fact that no one got wet. The kids loved the rough water. 

do you dock somewhere? or where do you put in?

1 hour ago, tigerdad5352 said:

do you dock somewhere? or where do you put in?

Rack storage at Spitzer Marina on the Black River. 

19 hours ago, sprint7 said:

It is off topic but what are those yellow floating dock rings called?

They are called Charlie-O-Rings but the guy who made them is out of business and I can't find them anywhere. They have lasted for about 10 years and two boats and still going strong. Setup and removal is a breeze. 

I am a little further north in Sea Isle.  Took some friends to a restaurant on the water for breakfast on Sunday.  Came right back in after we were done.  No fun out there, bumpy ride home.  Better off hanging on the dock.  Used to keep my boat in your area.  Love the water down there.  So much to do.  Hope this weekend is better.