WhatNext

Too Windy!

18 hours ago, Ztrem said:

I am a little further north in Sea Isle.  Took some friends to a restaurant on the water for breakfast on Sunday.  Came right back in after we were done.  No fun out there, bumpy ride home.  Better off hanging on the dock.  Used to keep my boat in your area.  Love the water down there.  So much to do.  Hope this weekend is better.

What's open for breakfast on the water? Also do you use Townsend inlet? I wonder how navigation is there? Latest weather report is looking good for this weekend but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, WhatNext said:

What's open for breakfast on the water? Also do you use Townsend inlet? I wonder how navigation is there? Latest weather report is looking good for this weekend but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

I used to vacation in Avalon every summer.  I took my 18 footer and 22 footer through Townsends many times.  As long as you follow the channel markers it wasn't bad.  I also went out thru Cape May Inlet a few times.  Worst part of boating down there, and ultimately why we switched to lake vacations, was the issues at low tide and the zillions of no wake zones from Cape May to Ocean City.

We went to Sunset Pier on 86th street.  Its just before you reach Townsend Inlet.  No issues getting there, just need to follow the markers.  I keep my boat on 43rd street, across from the Lobster Loft.  Takes me about 20 minutes.  This is my first season in Sea Isle.  Just bought a house there.  Was on Otten's Harbor in Wildwood for many years.  Kept my boat at Montgomery Point, near the Wharf.  Boating seems much better down there.  Lots of fishing, many restaurants and bars on the water, easy access to Cape May and the restaurants on the water in that area, boat beaches, Champagne Island.  Yes, there were a lot of no-wake zones, but we have more fun then I will ever remember.  Have fun where ever you are.  We love our boat and being out on the water and are having fun exploring our new area. 

Oh Yes Ztrem I know the Otten's Harbor area well. I'm on Sunset Lake and fuel up at Schooner Island. No shortage of restaurants and entertainment down this way. Congrats on the house. 

On 6/13/2016 at 2:55 PM, BoatAway said:

that's some wind there! I don't blame you for staying on the hard.

We got out Saturday and it was beautiful. On Sunday, we picked up a bushel of crabs at the fish market and I saw acarter937's Tenacity! I wonder if he was inside sleeping.... 

Stop by and say hi next time!!