Sign in to follow this  
golfdawg

Sound Dampening / Generator

Hey, need some advice.  We have been loving the boat and this is our second season.  Admiral is starting to want to stay more in the coves vs the dock at night.  Main problem is our Generator(Kohler 5E) is located right behind the aft cabin wall(where our ears are).  It has a sound dampening cabinet already.  I was thinking of putting some more sound proofing material on the outside of that.  Have any of you used such a product and what was it.  Thanks.

Not sure adding any more sound deadening is going to help. You are getting sound and vibration from the gen being attached to the boat. 

I find the noise helps cancel out my wife's snoring. :)

The Kohler sound shield has air vents that should not be blocked. Have you tried soft ear plugs?  

i put a product called DYNAMAT in my engine cowling, made a big difference over the foam acoustic stuff that comes with most boats like mine.  It's not cheap, but it works well.  You can find it all over Ebay and Amazon.

20 hours ago, mpm330 said:

Not sure adding any more sound deadening is going to help. You are getting sound and vibration from the gen being attached to the boat. 

I find the noise helps cancel out my wife's snoring. :)

I guess I need a generator.