jagr

looking for dc breaker switch upgrade

hi all, 

looking for switches that can be installed in place of the dc breakers on my dc panel so that i have more control over some of the DC items, are there any switches out there that can fit in that socket and have similar connections?

Signature 290 2009

Dc breakers & switches are not interchangeable by any reasoning.  Unless you technically know how & what to do & use. Your post question requires a trained electrician to prevent melted wires & burned out equipment.  D I Y is not a option in what you want to do . I am 78 & redesigned & rewired almost everything built.

You have a good chance of destroying a good safe electrical system on the boat.  With a leaky gas tank. Possibly burning yourself or worse.

As the    Myth Busters say on their show.

DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME.            PLEASE STAY SAFE jagr.

Maybe a little confusing on what exactly you're trying to do. To cyclops point, care when writing is critical on a boat. There is an option that you could install a fuse link appropriate to your draw on that circuit, before the switch for protection, then use a DC switch to operate that function.

Switches are switches and breakers/fuses do serve different functions, however, both together, could possibly fit your needs.

How does one turn off hardwired draws on the the master and port batteries on a 2005 Sig 290?

Yes there are the usual battery switches but the Mercathode and CO sensors seem hardwired.

Want to turn off everything when not in the water.

The simplest way is to disconnect the positive wires at the batteries.

All positive wires should be disconnected if you do not know or cannot identify what is feeding what. You can be more selective if you know how your boat is wired.

remove the screws and look at the back of the switch, you want nothing but the battery cable connected to #1 and #2 posts, remove any other wires and connect them to the "C" post,