gators5

Coolest Boat Lift Ever! Noprofile

I surely would not want to look at a boat like that every day. Not great for keeping up property  values.  Pure egotistical eyesore for the rest of the neighbors. Great for blocking the view you bought   YOUR property for.

LOOK AT ME   ME  ME !!

LAWSUIT TIME.

Don't seem much different in blocking view than a standard boat lift and these look much better / cleaner.

This is really cool, if I were in the market for a lift, I'd definitely look into this one.  Love the ability to walk around and access the whole hull.

2 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

I surely would not want to look at a boat like that every day. Not great for keeping up property  values.  Pure egotistical eyesore for the rest of the neighbors. Great for blocking the view you bought   YOUR property for.

LOOK AT ME   ME  ME !!

LAWSUIT TIME.

.......    .......   ....... What?    ......  Eyesore? Lawsuit?....... How is this any different than any other lift?....... Never mind, that was a rhetorical question. Carry on.

#negativismatitsbest

1 hour ago, MasterT said:

.......    .......   ....... What?    ......  Eyesore? Lawsuit?....... How is this any different than any other lift?....... Never mind, that was a rhetorical question. Carry on.

#negativismatitsbest

This is Cyclops we are talking about here.  The same guy who calls cops on you for making a wake even if its not in a wake free zone...lol

I can tell you i loved the look as well.  i had them quote me for my setup.  Installed for a 12 ton 4-post lift and all decking was $35k not including the electrical work or add'l work to "tie" it into my pier.

I opted out of it and went w/ a standard 4-post lift (which was still over 10k) - nothing is cheap

Interesting take on a boat lift.  The big advantage to me is that you can walk around the whole hull which can be can also be accomplished with a few additional dock sections.  My lift was 15 herd for my 220 and also has a cover which I didn't see in the video up above but I am on a lake not intercostal.  I presume that is a 220 or 110 volt as well which to which I like my 24 volt, solar charger/maintainer system.

12 hours ago, tolson37 said:

very cool.  I wonder how much?

This lift cost about twice and some of a conventional lift.

34 minutes ago, Chaparral Rider said:

Interesting take on a boat lift.  The big advantage to me is that you can walk around the whole hull which can be can also be accomplished with a few additional dock sections.  My lift was 15 herd for my 220 and also has a cover which I didn't see in the video up above but I am on a lake not intercostal.  I presume that is a 220 or 110 volt as well which to which I like my 24 volt, solar charger/maintainer system.

depending on size of lift - the electrical requirements are pretty much the same as any other 4-post design but you have to account for the extra weight of the deck platform so a 10k lb boat could not use a 12 ton lift - need to step up a size = more $$$  

other differences are add'l posts in the water - where i have 4 on mine - 6 or 8 would be required to accomodate the lift 360 deg around the boat and provide walking space - it is beautiful and very practical as washing the boat for me is a process of washing one side and then flipping the boat around so i can get to the other side from the pier.  

2 minutes ago, delaney said:

depending on size of lift - the electrical requirements are pretty much the same as any other 4-post design but you have to account for the extra weight of the deck platform so a 10k lb boat could not use a 12 ton lift - need to step up a size = more $$$  

other differences are add'l posts in the water - where i have 4 on mine - 6 or 8 would be required to accomodate the lift 360 deg around the boat and provide walking space - it is beautiful and very practical as washing the boat for me is a process of washing one side and then flipping the boat around so i can get to the other side from the pier.  

Sounds like the price difference can pay to have someone else wash/wax the boat a few times.

17 minutes ago, Dennis A said:

Sounds like the price difference can pay to have someone else wash/wax the boat a few times.

I don't like the idea of using the buffer to wax over the water no matter the lift. 

1 hour ago, Dennis A said:

This one is cooler.....

1412261090397_wps_4_jade_yacht_with_gara

1412261102533_wps_6_jade_yacht_with_gara

Had to sell mine because the hatch door kept squeeking. Drove me nuts.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Had to sell mine because the hatch door kept squeeking. Drove me nuts.

I had the same problem, but I just hired the guy in the tux to stand by 24/7 with a can of WD-40. Expensive, but worth it!