johnmullaly

windlass question

Thinking about adding a windlass to my 2002 260 sig. after looking at them I have what I hope isnt a dumb question. The shelf that it will sit on is on the starboard side. But it seem most windlass have "pully" on the starboard side of the motor so it seems the rode wouldnt line up..Am I looking at them wrong?? Maybe I'm over thinking it

28 minutes ago, Baum's aweigh said:

The drum on the windlass has to be on line with the rode.  

Yep, or as close as you can get. + or - a inch should not hurt.

1 hour ago, johnmullaly said:

Thinking about adding a windlass to my 2002 260 sig. after looking at them I have what I hope isnt a dumb question. The shelf that it will sit on is on the starboard side. But it seem most windlass have "pully" on the starboard side of the motor so it seems the rode wouldnt line up..Am I looking at them wrong?? Maybe I'm over thinking it

This is what mine looks like.  Denny.

0809141658_zpsakulfcev.jpg

thanks guys. thats what I thought. Kind of limits me as to which one. looks like the pro sport 550 it is

Nice looking unit. Pics. when you have it in.  Denny.