Buster

Generator power on Signature 270

I have a 2014 signature 270 with an internal generator that runs just fine.  My problem is that when I switch from shore power to generator power, nothing is energized by the generator. I have all the switches in the correct position as the generator used to power everything just fine. It just stopped powering everything one day for no apparent reason. I have looked at all Circuit breakers and am positive I have the generator switch in the on position. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, and/or what to look for causing the interruption of power from the generator?

thanks so much for any sage advice…

You haven't been down in the engine room have you?  My gen has a breaker on the gen panel itself in the engine room, and I bump it off almost every time I go in there.  Not sure of the layout on a newer 270 if this would be a possibility. 

8 minutes ago, flyboycj84 said:

You haven't been down in the engine room have you?  My gen has a breaker on the gen panel itself in the engine room, and I bump it off almost every time I go in there.  Not sure of the layout on a newer 270 if this would be a possibility. 

+1 I have done this 3 times. Just switch the breaker back to on,

1 hour ago, flyboycj84 said:

+1

Happens all the time!

Have checked the breaker in the engine compartment and it is in the correct position. Even had a mechanic look at it and all switches are on positioned correctly. 

My fear is that the gen power switch (looks like a light switch, next to "shore power" switch) is bad.  I can't think of anything else.

Any other thoughts for me? 

Just in case, checking the obvious but sometimes forgotten ... have you switched the shore breaker off, moved the slider from shore to genset and switch the genset breaker on on the main 120vac panel?

If YES, what does the volt meter on the panel show?