taoriginal

Replacement Carpet Kits

21 posts in this topic

I am awaiting samples from them as well speak. I have talked to several slip owners in the marina who have used them and say they are better than www.snapincarpets.com (almost identical name only with an "s" on the end). 

They will send samples of carpet, which is nice. They also have the Nu-Wave backing, which looks to be better than the black backing that I am sure you are scrubbing off your deck (I am doing the same thing). 

Prices are reasonable. Like I said, I know at least 5-6 other boat owners at the marina who have used them to replace carpet on their cruisers and seemed to be satisfied and agreed that the price is reasonable. 

12 minutes ago, AquaTherapy said:

Finally a ready-made 256 SSX pattern. Did you happen to order from them?

No but other than a local shop I'm starting to think they are the only game in town. For 700 beans per set, maybe we should buy an industrial sewing machine.  W

3 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Be aware this stuff gets hot. 

I'm a little disappointed with it.

My carpet was hot. I think alot may have to do with the color. I have a lighter color and it doesn't seem to be any hotter than my carpet was. We do keep our bimini up 90% of the time.

5 hours ago, Foghorn said:

Be aware this stuff gets hot. 

I'm a little disappointed with it.

I have heard the same thing.  I also spoke to a few boaters that have this product and they said it started to produce a sudsy foam when a heavy rain started.  They used vinegar to get rid of it.

28 minutes ago, The Great Escape II said:

I have heard the same thing.  I also spoke to a few boaters that have this product and they said it started to produce a sudsy foam when a heavy rain started.  They used vinegar to get rid of it.

Mine foams too when it gets wet from the people getting out of the water.

Mine is pretty dark, maybe that does add to it getting hot.

I think it looks awesome though.

https://goo.gl/photos/n6TdMiqqzk1YksvT9

Have never had the foam. Took a cruiser wake over the bow once, got pretty wet, no foam. I have the  HD backing, maybe it's different.

Also forgot two nights ago, boat was parked down hill in the rain with the cover on. Rain poured in the cover vents filling up the bow area. No foam then, either.

Ours is from snapincarpet (no s). The process was easy and the product looks great BUT it does get hot as #$^%. Now that younger kids are on the boat I am thinking I will have to get something else in the near future. Pretty frustrating. It is only a year old. The product is Sea Grass #11  https://www.snapincarpet.com/marine-weave.cfm

If anyone wants it for their 256ssi let me know, but be ware it gets hot in the sun.