Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Long Point

2004 Chaparral ssi 230 350 Mag MPI

6 posts in this topic

My 2004 Mercruiser 350 Mag no longer sounds the warning horn when key is turned after boat has been shut down for a few days.  Sounds after running for a while and re=started.  Sounds when shut down for a few hours also.  Cannot located any poor connections.  Defective Horn or sensor?  Engine runs fine.

30 minutes ago, Mi3sons said:

Is the fire boy arming?

??????????   OK, I'll ask. How does a Fire Boy arm?   W

Don't know what a "Fire Boy" is.  Maybe my description was not very clear. Not a "Horn".  The piezo buzzer under the dash that monitors engine temp,  stern drive low oil,  and low oil pressure.  Usually sounds for a second when ignition key is turned.  Will sound on a re-start after engine is warm but not when the boat has been shut down for a day or more.   

What I meant was is the auto fire extinguisher coming on? I have heard of a wire on the extinguisher bottle getting severly corroded and can make weird things happen. I haven't actually seen it but have heard several stories about it. Could also be a bad buzzer.

Sticking oil  pressure sender? Do you show oil pressure on the gauge when you first turn the key and don't have an alarm?

brick