Sign in to follow this  
MonkeySeaII

My summer of problems!

Update, It is not just you all. Yesterday I had new tires put on the wife's car and an alignment done so I would not worry about her on her trip this weekend to visit her daughter.

Today about 2/3's of the way to Atlanta she hits a piece of scrap metal laying on the interstate. Shreds the driver side front tire. That would be the one of the ones with 195 miles on it. Since she was so far away and had to buy a new tire we could not go back to the dealer and get the "Road Hazard" reduction on the replacement. 

So it goes. She is shaken but OK and thankfully she had 3 very honest and pleasant men stop to help her instead of _______.  Thank you to the good men of Kentucky for stopping to help an older woman and being such concerned gentlemen. You all seem to raise them right there.

Joe

You guys are hanging around Duane too much !

You are picking up his hard luck.

Buy her a cell phone to call 911 or local police for assistance & protection while waiting.

Before cell phones I waited for 1/ 2 hour on a CITY HIGHWAY with hood & trunk lids up. NO STOPS. I finally walked slowly out & stopped all traffic  Someone was a ham operator pulled over & radioed police somehow. Towtruck arrived with 5 gallons. I would have kissed his asse in public.  He said that was not necessary.

I cell phone 911 in ALL pulled over cars that look like brake downs.  Been there more than once in in the 1950s.  As a kid in a first car I saved for & bought.

5 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

You guys are hanging around Duane too much !

You are picking up his hard luck.

Buy her a cell phone to call 911 or local police for assistance & protection while waiting.

Before cell phones I waited for 1/ 2 hour on a CITY HIGHWAY with hood & trunk lids up. NO STOPS. I finally walked slowly out & stopped all traffic  Someone was a ham operator pulled over & radioed police somehow. Towtruck arrived with 5 gallons. I would have kissed his asse in public.  He said that was not necessary.

I cell phone 911 in ALL pulled over cars that look like brake downs.  Been there more than once in in the 1950s.  As a kid in a first car I saved for & bought.

The first thing she did when she got pulled over and stopped was to call me on her cell. While I was trying to get thru the Ga 511 Hero call center these guys stopped and had her fixed. She called me back to say she had the spare on and was heading to the next exit while I was still in "Automated Phone System #$^%" of the government agency set up for this kind of thing to even report it. These guys stopped and changed her tire and got her going before I could even get through to the gov to report this.

Thank You again for men raised right.

Joe

I have a roof over the family, food, health, and love what else can a men ask for except god bless the men and women who made this country the best place to be thank you to all service personal love and blessing to all 

41 minutes ago, wijeff said:

I have a roof over the family, food, health, and love what else can a men ask for except god bless the men and women who made this country the best place to be thank you to all service personal love and blessing to all 

AMEN to that...W

Well, after going thru my trailer from tip to tail, replacing anything questionable, measure and remeasuring alignment, I decided to sell it and go with a lower maintenance aluminum trailer.  Ordered my Load-Rite and delivered my steel trailer to the new owner.  Even tho I cannot find a single thing wrong with the steel trailer, I will have more pc of mind with a new aluminum one.  Plus I'm tired of chasing every stone chip and rust spot on the painted steel unit!

Any 256 owners know off the top of their head what the distance from bow eye to drain plug is?  My boat is in the water so hard to measure