LuckyFishingtrip

I think overheating alarm system going off.

OK sorry guy's out 4 a few days. OK I have a 2002 183ss Chaparral boat Volvo Penta 4.6 liter v6 and Volvo out drive Ifrom I run my boat  at 3500rpm at about 150 degrees the alarm starts to beat I shut the phone off started back up the alarm goes off as the temperature goes down a little bit any tips please let me know and ty in advance

Lucky,

Alarms go off for a lot of reasons, the 150 degree temp sounds fine. Is it closed cooled? Is the exhaust overheating? Maybe an impeller problem. Low oil?

I am no expert but these may be some starting ideas.

Best of luck.

OK I'm not to sure if it closed cooling but someone else asked me to check the exhaust and I will check the oil the impeller was just replace it have only had this boat 6 months out 2 times 1st time no problems I thank you for your help. Raypex 

A beating alarm needs attention by a computer code reader at a dealer . Might get lucky . Just a sensor wearing out slowly with aging.

Okay I spoke with my boat mechanic and he said it may be the sensors also he wants you to go out test it feel the exhaust check the hoses I can't get it to stop beeping if I could turn you on reading through at a higher rate of speed which i have only tried that once. Ty cyclops2 for your help.