wijeff

boat names you have seen ? the good bad and ugly

48 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, brick said:

I have not named my boat. Couldn't come up with a good name. 

brick

My loud sister in law has a pontoon boat same color as yours. I call it Old Yeller. They aren't amused but it's so true.

1 minute ago, Mi3sons said:

My loud sister in law has a pontoon boat same color as yours. I call it Old Yeller. They aren't amused but it's so true.

I kinda like that. My boat is getting older. I may need to plagiarize...

brick

My 270 SIg is red so she's called the Red Rum. Which is from the shining with jack Nicholson and murder spelled backwards, muahahahahah

On 10/9/2016 at 4:10 PM, brick said:

I have not named my boat.

Yep, I normally don't name inanimate objects. I did have a dodge truck several years ago that I called all kinds of things, all unpleasant but well earned.

Joe

My father's partner in a Trust Company named his Sea Ray "First LBO" as in Leveraged Buy Out. I didn't know it at the time, but a major bank had just purchased the trust company from them.

My brothers first boat was called "Scrubbed Nutz" - I kid you not! His wife was a scrub nurse and he's a master mechanic.

There was a boat on Lake Texoma - a large pontoon that was called "Shut Up Already".  Apparently, the man who owned the boat said this was the last thing he told his (now) ex wife before she stormed out and filed for divorce. Once it was done, he bought the boat.

I've seen at least two boats called "Money Pit" - one was on the water, one was off and had no motor.

My last boat was "High Maintenance". After meeting the divorc'ee I understood why it was called that. I heard that she had won some beauty contests. The boat had less than 10 hrs on it and wasn't a year old when I got it. 

He's never officially painted this name on his boat, but my brother has always referred to his boat as "The Bass Hole." :lol:

He and I have, indeed, caught hundreds of bass off that boat over the years. It was our boat as kids growing up, and he's kept it and maintained it all these years. It's as old as we are, at about a half century, and it's still a great platform for pulling bass and walleye out of Lake Erie. 

Mine's  Workin' Remote.  When the boss calls on a beautiful afternoon, and asks me what I'm doing, I just truthfully answer "workin' remote". 

Saw a pic of a freighter with the name  "TITAN URANUS"

Perseverance was the name of our first boat since it took awhile to finally get the Admiral to approve the purchase.  It only cost me a a kitchen renovation.  Would have been nice to name our 2nd boat Perseverance II but I promised the Admiral if she lets me get the 270 SIG, I would name it her honor, sort of.  We haven't finalized the name yet but we kind of like "Khalysea".

2 hours ago, rbe1018 said:

Had a friend named Max and his boat was "Maxseapad".

Now that's bad. Clever, but bad.   :slap:

On September 19, 2016 at 9:43 AM, MonkeySeaII said:

one of my favorites was "Scoundrel" on a 30' Velocity.  I like that name

That's the name I use, however, it's on a Villain lll, which could be considered a bad a$$.

gallery_12444_543_52322.jpg

On 11/5/2016 at 1:28 PM, bob and betsy said:

That's the name I use, however, it's on a Villain lll, which could be considered a bad a$$.

gallery_12444_543_52322.jpg

with what you have under the hatch, I think it's safe to say it's a bad @$$

my friend recently bought a boat called "Lucky B@st@rd".. best one i have seen in while......                                                                                                                           i just noticed the overactive censor caught that.

brick

Name it "no name."

brick

4 minutes ago, drewm3i said:

Name it "no name."

My suggestions:

"Anonymous"

"TBD"  (to be determined)

30 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

"TBD"  (to be determined)

Greate name, especially for a smaller boat with tiny space for name on transom.