Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vonshep

h2o outboard

12 posts in this topic

just noticed that chap has come out with the 21 h20 with an outboard thinking that might be the next boat ,no more trying to reach things in a engine compartment sure would be nice .

You will LOVE winterizing the motor.  It should self drain completely.  Hot or cold engine.

You back pain pill company, will be P Od when you stop buying their pills in bulk.   Been there.  :D

Outboards have certainly made a comeback!

The "standard" power on the website is a 115 HP Yamaha.  Options for a 150 or a 200 HP.  I got to believe that boat would be woefully underpowered with the 115, and probably with the 150, too. 

I dont know obs need less hp to achieve the same results as a io. My dad has a new 22 ft tritoon pontoon with a merc 150 and it runs 35 mph. Hole shot is better then my chap. It jumps out.

1 hour ago, newboat2016 said:

Outboards have certainly made a comeback!

The "standard" power on the website is a 115 HP Yamaha.  Options for a 150 or a 200 HP.  I got to believe that boat would be woefully underpowered with the 115, and probably with the 150, too. 

Outboards need less power to get the same results, partly due to weight savings.  Grandpa had an early 90s bayliner trophy that weighed 3100 dry and achieved 45-50mph with a 150hp Force.  Assuming engines today are probably even better.

If that was an option in 2015 I would have got it for sure!  It works out to be a bit more deer with the 200 HP but it would have worked great for me in my shallow salt water bay.

2 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

The right prop makes a TON of difference.

True. Im running a hi  five 19p. Runs 5050rpm ish and 46 mph. His is a stock aluminum. That boat jumps out the hole. 

12 minutes ago, HunkerDown said:

If that was an option in 2015 I would have got it for sure!  It works out to be a bit more deer with the 200 HP but it would have worked great for me in my shallow salt water bay.

Right a 200 hp ob is probably like 300 on an io.

If you fish / troll  ?   The O B is best.  Why ?   Both tilt.  But you can EASILY RAISE the O B for putting over VERY SHALLOW WATER.

The BIG  O B can be replaced with a MUCH smaller motor for motoring around slowly in fish filled areas.  You do NOT NEED the 200 hp all the time everywhere.

How many times do we really go 15 miles out & 15 miles back ?   I never have.  The small 16'  Lowe Aluminum boat has either a  a 9.9 hp or a 30 hp . I use the 9.9 .....99 % of the time.  Pick  BOTH motors to use the   SAME REMOTE ELECTRIC STARTING ---WIRING HARNESS  & BOTH ENGINE CONTROLL CABLES  Piece of cake to swap motorst 

It does 12 mph @ WOT. It is loaded with anchors ,oars, Bimini Top, HUGE battery,  a full captains arm rest chair for relaxing while casting, 2-- 6 gallon metal tanks in the bow with the battery, Dual isolated pumps. Dual fish finders. A side mounted control panel that is hinged on the full length bottom to flip fully inward to check anything with a meter. Or replace a fuse in the fuse strip. 

The 30 hp does 25 GPS. VERY RARELY. Only when I go out longer distances & I am the tallest thing for a lightening strike. I beach the boat & lay flat on very low islands.

Oddly I use 6 gallons a week on either engine. The 9.9 is idling  or at WOT.  The 30 never runs over about 1/2 throttle. Might account for equal mileage ?