PerthWA

Summer is nearly here...

15 posts in this topic

Well guys as you all talk about winterising your boats I have taken the cover off, put up the Bimini, installed the side curtains and given her a wash and good wax - looks terrific.

I had her placed in the water this afternoon (stored in a dry rack) and looking forward to going out tomorrow. Weather is forecast to be 37C which is very warm.

You enjoy your cold weather - I'm just jumping out back patio for a beer and light the BBQ....

Careful . . . karma will find you!

Just kidding, enjoy that weather.  Post pics as punishment for your insolence.  :)

25 minutes ago, MonkeySeaII said:

enjoy!  Post pictures so we can live vicariously thru you.

Please. Our recently purchased Sig 300 never touched the water after we took delivery.  All winterized and waiting for me to do all the work.  It will be a long winter.  So any pictures or stories from you end will be great!

Well here I am ready to go - it was a beautiful sunny day not a cloud in the sky and little wind. It hit he forecast 37C about 2:30 in the afternoon and there were lots of people out enjoying the first boating day for the season.

I keep my boat at a marina that is near Fremantle which is located right on the coast of Western Australia. There is a river running into the Fremantle area and the ocaean called the Swan river which is where this picture is taken. You guys might be familiar with Fremantle as being the place in the late 1980's that Dennis Connors won back the America's Cup after Alan Bond defeated him in New York in 1983.

Sorry you guys are about to be hit with the cold weather but it is your turn.

Good luck for the outcome of Tuesday too - that will be enough to send a chill up your spine I think !!!!

20161105_102146.jpg

On November 4, 2016 at 5:20 AM, PerthWA said:

Well guys as you all talk about winterising your boats I have taken the cover off, put up the Bimini, installed the side curtains and given her a wash and good wax - looks terrific.

I had her placed in the water this afternoon (stored in a dry rack) and looking forward to going out tomorrow. Weather is forecast to be 37C which is very warm.

You enjoy your cold weather - I'm just jumping out back patio for a beer and light the BBQ....

Watch out for those big rabbits on your beaches.

A989CFE9-4CDB-4287-95C5-AFA0787D4BF0_zps