Big Fun

Veterans Day 2016

Yes, THANK YOU  and I hope they now change the way Vets are treated and get them the help they need in a timely way.

My country has eliminated me from all service records.  I am too old to be counted as a person who served.  They blamed my non existence on a large fire in D C. So I surfed around & found me in 1 ships crew site. Save money.  Save money. Our government is fixated on MONEY.   OUR money. YOUR money.

I know. Their job is to take & redistribute it to keep the world economy going. Minus their wages & retirement.

I just had a request from the kitchen staff.  " Do I want 1 each of Cheddar & Mozzarella on the pocket pizzas.   :wub:      Decisions.   Why I get the big bucks ?

1 hour ago, cyclops2 said:

My country has eliminated me from all service records.  I am too old to be counted as a person who served.  They blamed my non existence on a large fire in D C. So I surfed around & found me in 1 ships crew site. Save money.  Save money. Our government is fixated on MONEY.   OUR money. YOUR money.

I know. Their job is to take & redistribute it to keep the world economy going. Minus their wages & retirement.

I just had a request from the kitchen staff.  " Do I want 1 each of Cheddar & Mozzarella on the pocket pizzas.   :wub:      Decisions.   Why I get the big bucks ?

Tell her to mix the cheese on both.

11 hours ago, edreg104 said:

USN 1969-1973, Crew member P3 Orion ASW

Our adopted son just left the Navy two years ago. He was an electrician on the P-3 Orion.

Those ole birds just won't go away. 

Joe

Hey Guzzi. I'm sure he enjoyed his time in the P3, I know I did. I was the Ordnanceman,(AO). Even got some time in a P2 Neptune.

Good timing on the P3 that towed gunnery target sleeves in Guantanamo in 1959.

I had the computer people tune the gunnery radars to the best that could be done.  P3 starts its pass. Radars lock on. Safety observers signal radars are locked onto the towed sleeve. Plane turns around & now is on our firing run with us using  NON fragment shells.  COMMENCE firing. 3 seconds later the P3 is heading STRAIGHT DOWN to the ocean.

No safety observers were noticing that when the plane did the final turn to us. The radar & automatic computer transferred from the sleeve behind the plane TO THE PLANE. Normal. Thankfully the pilot of the P3 did the correct thing & dived to break the radar lock on his plane.  No one hurt. Plane was barely fly able with so many holes in the fuselage.  Wie had to transfer loads of ice cream to the crew .  Plus all new underwear.   

Tough old birds, those P3 Neptunes.

Military is like being in the adult Boy Scouts of America. Fantastic times. Until the shooting starts.

Glad to see other gray hair vets. How many of the forum members can you find in this picture?

BA3AC102-2BE5-4C1A-B97C-A3B4F56187CD_zps

US Army, 1st Battalion 8th Field Artillery, 25th Infantry Division.  Cu Chi, Viet Nam 1969 - 1970. Thanks for the recognition, we didn't get a lot back then.

I wish I could be a George Washington to my country.  A great guerrilla leader that did whatever it took to win a hopeless war. 

Washington  & Patton. The best that America has had to count on.    :wub: