Johnboy105

Exide AGM battery from Costco.ca

6 posts in this topic

http://www.costco.ca/Exide-Edge-Flat-plate-AGM-Marine-and-RV-Battery.product.100291701.html

Thoughts?  I've got a 2010 215 SSi (with 5.0 MPI Merc) that I bought used at the beginning of this past season (only 60 hours at the time, 100 hours total now) and it has the original still in it.  It's been maintained over the winters here, but as it's original, 7 years (next spring) is usually pushing the limits of a regular lead acid (from my own experiences).

I know that marine and automotive are different classes, but I've got the Exide AGM in my truck for the past two years and has been the best performing battery I've ever owned/used.

I'm 'sure' someone has 2 cents to put towards this..... :)

I just finished season #9 on my dealer installed group 24 Interstate Marine starting batteries and one is testing only fair so its two more of the same for me in the spring as they have preformed flawlessly. I've got a 8.1 Merc so they are 1000 cca.  W

My daughter works for Exide.  She designed the current battery case for the AGM battery and was privy to the testing.  It was tested against the best that Johnson Controls and Penn have to offer.  It outlasted all the competition (AGM types) by 50%.  That hasn't always been the case with Exide batteries but apparently their current product line works well.

I think you can do better at Battery+. There AGMs (at least most) are made by Odyssey with 3 to 5 year replacement warranty.