Ddharrel

Back in the boat market

8 minutes ago, Chaparral Rider said:

That makes sense.  I saw one on Ebay after I bought mine, like yours with everything on it plus low hours...I would have bought it for sure if I hadn't already picked one up a month earlier where the ebay one was 4 years newer than mine for the price I paid on a buy it now.   MN boats are so substantially overpriced compared to so many other regions you say to yourself while you are shopping....I could buy this boat x number of years newer for x dollars less constantly.  It's hard to be picky about used boats because it really tests your patience.  

boats can be hard, sometimes you see all the hemming and hawing on here on a buy, and you just have to buy when you find the right price.  Boats aren't like cars in all relativity very few boats are made, and even less when you look at a specific model.  Not like cars I could throw a rock and hit 25 1990 mustangs.  Plus they are regional, more boats on the coast, great lakes etc then say Kansas.  The internet had made it easier finding them, but you have the issue of buying sight unseen, transportation etc.

3 minutes ago, soldier4402 said:

boats can be hard, sometimes you see all the hemming and hawing on here on a buy, and you just have to buy when you find the right price.  Boats aren't like cars in all relativity very few boats are made, and even less when you look at a specific model.  Not like cars I could throw a rock and hit 25 1990 mustangs.  Plus they are regional, more boats on the coast, great lakes etc then say Kansas.  The internet had made it easier finding them, but you have the issue of buying sight unseen, transportation etc.

It's tough to make that decision.  I've bought 3 cars over the years sight unseen with very good luck.  My current car has cost me a grand total of $300 for a wheel bearing in the 4 years since I bought it off the internet from just pictures.  I was maybe too trusting but it's so hard to pass up a car that is exactly what you want for so much less that what you would pay in your own state.  Cars are amazingly overprice here as well.  I would have likely bought that Ebay 220 back this past summer and taken a flyer on it.  I could rebuild an entire engine professionally and still be cheaper than a used private party boat of the same age and model from here is sort of my thinking.   

I'm in upstate ny and I bought mine off of Craig's list in Milwaukee with just a few pics. He was the original owner and he ordered the boat with what he wanted. Haven't had any problems at all and is a very clean boat. Just the 900 mile drive one way was a little long and I recommend don't ever go through Chicago if you don't absolutely have to. P.s. Yes I did have to have the 496 with open exhaust.

On 11/22/2016 at 2:30 PM, Toddler said:

Buy It !!!!!!!!!

Same thing I was thinking after reading!

I just spent the first summer on mine after purchasing it in the fall the prior year. I drove over 1200 miles sight unseen and couldn't be happier. I paid for a marine survey and at the time I thought it was over priced but knew it was necessary, we'll worth it.  It was on '07 with only 78 hours. Great condition and no issues due to 'lack of use'  Only thing I wish I did was spend a day or 2 on the sellers local waters, probably won't ever have it back in that area and already regret not exploring and enjoying the waters there.

The 220SSi is a great boat. If it is in good shape, buy it. 

brick

A49CBB70-C3BC-4AD5-A4DF-79D23A0403CA_zps