Onefastaudi

The gift that keeps on giving

Ok! What a weekend! 

1st we blew another cranck shaft seal on the generator. My fault. Dirty strainer. 

But, now my one year old vacuflush is not sealing, so it's constantly running, my water pump won't stop running, I think I have air in the system, and today my holding tank shows full although it's empty and my macerator pump may be done too!!! I'm just really ticked off right now!!!

i also have water coming in in the head, I assume while under way, underneath the sink, in the little storage that holds the toilet paper. This baffles me quite frankly. 

2nd Edit;

so now I have water in my mid cabin bilge, and sand. That's new! 

And now the water pump is running constantly and I have lost water pressure at the faucet. 

So that was the weekend!!! How exciting:-(

On the vacuflush seal, it might be an easy fix.  There is a round rubber seal between the bowl and the pedestal that seals against the rotating ball.  It's pretty easy to change out -- drain the bowl, take the bowl off and put a new seal on.

The fix is relatively easy Vacuflush Seal Replacement

but I would think the seal should last more than 1 year if proper maintenance procedures have been followed since I don't think you should/want/need to do this on a yearly basis. If you're using harsh or abrasive chemicals to clean the head, that may contribute to the early replacement.

FROM DOMETIC:

Maintenance requirements on VacuFlush systems are minimal. The rubber

components may need to be replaced after three or so years of service, but the time

can vary depending on system use.

The toilet has a rubber seal surrounding the flush ball. To replace the seal, the

ceramic bowl is removed from the base assembly. The base remains connected to

the piping and to the mounting surface. This greatly reduces the possibility of creating

leaks on reassembly. In most cases this seal will last for thousands of flushes.

34 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

The fix is relatively easy Vacuflush Seal Replacement

but I would think the seal should last more than 1 year if proper maintenance procedures have been followed since I don't think you should/want/need to do this on a yearly basis. If you're using harsh or abrasive chemicals to clean the head, that may contribute to the early replacement.

FROM DOMETIC:

Maintenance requirements on VacuFlush systems are minimal. The rubber

components may need to be replaced after three or so years of service, but the time

can vary depending on system use.

The toilet has a rubber seal surrounding the flush ball. To replace the seal, the

ceramic bowl is removed from the base assembly. The base remains connected to

the piping and to the mounting surface. This greatly reduces the possibility of creating

leaks on reassembly. In most cases this seal will last for thousands of flushes.

We barely used that thing. When we take the boat out, we always overnight at a marina. But I'll replace the seal to start with. 

What do you guys use for cleaning?

Thanks for info. 

Sometimes calcium builds up on the seal and can be knocked off with a good scrubbing with a toilet brush.

1 hour ago, Phillbo said:

Sometimes calcium builds up on the seal and can be knocked off with a good scrubbing with a toilet brush.

Correct, from marketing materials:

Sealand Toilet Bowl & Seal Cleaner

Remove tough grime from toilets in two minutes with the powerful cleaning action of SeaLand Toilet Bowl & Seal Cleaner. It’s formulated to dissolve mineral deposits that can build up over time – especially between the flush ball and bowl seal on many marine and RV toilets which can result in slow leaks if not periodically cleaned.