cyclops2

My subsidy has been greatfully recieved

24 posts in this topic

I was surprised at the cost of 1 week of renting a portable defibulator & the operation to install a permanent  in chest defibulator.  Thank you all. For who ever sponsored and passed the Medicare benefits.

I am so greatfull to be a Americam. 

8 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

I was surprised at the cost of 1 week of renting a portable defibulator & the operation to install a permanent  in chest defibulator.  Thank you all. For who ever sponsored and passed the Medicare benefits.

I am so greatfull to be a Americam. 

Did they give the remote control to your wife? :)

Joe

As a formally working taxpaying person you are welcome. If you worked and paid taxes then thank yourself as well.

One of my electricians had an implanted defibrillator for years. I always wondered about if he got a mild shock or got to close to high voltage high amperage conductors or motors (EMF).

Never seemed to bother him.

My father's implanted unit worked fine for years. You should not worry about it and enjoy life.  

Joe

I was very pleasantly surprised when 4 hours after putting it on I started the rapid heart beating. I knew It was a real attack because of the tightening of the 2 lower jaw muscles. 30  seconds later the warning alarm tells me to cancel the warning or I will be shocked very shortly. I override it. Call the company to find out the pulse rate that tripped the alarm.  It was set for 150 I was running at 151 beats. The machine was outstanding. It transmits data each day to the company for a doctor to also access if needed. I was given the ZOLL  Life Vest model. The rental rate to Medicare is $ 3500 / month. I used it for 6 days. The unit carried by me was just like a 35 mm camera in a case. Uses a recharger & spare battery. Also has a 50' range in the house to record & transmit to a satellite each 1 am.  I recommend it as  a 12 on a scale of  1 to 10.

Monday I received the chest implant defibulator . They tested it 2 times after inserting it. I felt a sting for a split second. 

If you become a Afib person?  Have no fear.  Between the excellent drugs getting my pulse down to 58 / minute and the implant ready to ZAP me. 

Life is great.

5 hours ago, Mi3sons said:

Repo.

:haha-7383:   Hope it wasn't repo'd by the coroner!!  Oooooh, that was bad.  :(

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:11 PM, brick said:

Good news. Nothing like having an on-board charger...

brick

+1  good one Brick!

Cy - Hope all is well and you good to go......

Glad you are doing well.

Does it come with shorepower?

My sister has afib and she is not a candidate for an implant.

She just underwent a 4 hour procedure of constant shock to get her heart back to normal

She seems fine now.

The revised medications & dosages have me  ??   normal ??  ;)

The defibulator is if I have a random racing heart rate. It will ZAP me back to normal.  Or Abenormal ?

The E R crew got nervous when I stopped 6 times in 45 minutes.  Low Magnesium also contributed to racing heart rate.

Maybe they will come up with a baseball cap that has a bill made of solar panels.

Update on the unit. It ZAPPED me back to life on New Years Eve. NO PAIN AT ALL. If you need 1 ?  It is wonderfull. NOT like the paddles applied to your chest.

Breathing is good.   :D

Glad it all worked out........

On 12/21/2016 at 11:11 AM, brick said:

Good news. Nothing like having an on-board charger...

brick

:scratchchin:

There is a serious down side to the heart ZAPPER.  Some states do NOT ALLOW you to drive for 6 months. If the unit zaps you in N J.  A DEFIBULATOR zapping is applied     AFTER      you pass out.  What did the machine you were operating do until you woke up again ?       I will not be doing power boating /  cars again.  I can not accept causing a crash as acceptable.   I pass out in about 1 or 3 seconds. Revive on my own in 8 to 10 seconds. 

I need a  row boat, canoe or a Hobie pedal pusher boat.  Maybe a trolling motor.? 

Pack in the good times while you can.  :)

A tough outcome, indeed.   That post hurt to read, but I'm glad you're still with us.  Not enough good eggs in this world; hang in there!  If you should find yourself in the Lex, KY area I'd be honored to have you and yours on board.  God bless . . .

I am very fortunate.  I am a LARGE old child that builds & runs  radio controlled planes & boats of all types.   The large and or fast RC planes will be given to r c club members laid off & have kids that can fly.  I have 7 ? medium to very large plastic submarine & ocean liner kits from last Christmas. 

I will still be coming home with wet feet.    :D

Life is good.  :)

12 hours ago, cyclops2 said:

I will still be coming home with wet feet.    :D

Bravo!!  I LOVE that statement.