BoatingSam

When do you hope to have the boat back in?

36 posts in this topic

When there is almost no freeze up risk.  Our docks are May 1. 

But this year The cruiser might go. & in place of it will be a load of private catered parties at the yacht club & upper club house.  Time reduces the ability to do things ourselves.  PLUS   Judie & I get to sit & chat all the time.  I put the girls at one end. Guys at the other. No yelling the length of the table. Each has their own topics to discuss.   Some Victorian traditions are excellent..    :wub:

April 1st!

Technically it's at the water all year, but since it's winterized, April 1st is the target date to lower the lift, fire it up and take off.  By then the odds of  it being cold enough, long enough to do any damage are minimal.

Usually in April. This coming boat season will be our first with both kids through college and working, so we will see how our typical boating day changes. I think I am going to miss the days when we had  a boatload of teenagers taking turns wakeboarding, tubing and having summer fun...

brick

I don't push things. Hopefully I will get back on the water before the guy on the forum that lives in Maine.   :haha-7383:

1 hour ago, brick said:

I think I am going to miss the days when we had  a boatload of teenagers taking turns wakeboarding, tubing and having summer fun...

brick

That doesn't take long to wear off.  :rolleyes:

Mid May for me but my dock's official opening is Memorial Day (it's a small club). It's not even 2017 yet and we're already looking forward to the season? #$^% yeah. I've been counting down since we dropped it off for winterization and storage.

Ice out can be as late as Mid May but usually earlier then we pay a service to put our dock and lifts in and usually get up there the week or so after that.  Hopefully by Mid May assuming not a very late Ice out.  

End of March..early April.  I live in NY/NJ area and striper fish along the Hudson/Atlantic before I put it up in the lake sometime in May.  Can't wait.  Skiing, snowshoeing etc to pass the time until then. 

5 hours ago, tomnjo said:

I don't push things. Hopefully I will get back on the water before the guy on the forum that lives in Maine.   :haha-7383:

Haha I hope you do for your sake! I actually live in MA but boat is in Maine so that's all that matters right? Last year the lake didn't actually freeze so we diehards but the seadoo boat in early April Brrrrrrrr. 

Plannig on late April or early may this year

We just returned to boating.  We can't wait to get into the water.   We have a ton of small projects to do.  But hope to be in the water by Memorial Day.  I think docks open mid April. 

I'm shooting for early May, if the weather obliges.  That said, since I'm doing a bunch of upgrades this winter, I do like to sit on deck in the garage with a beer and pretend I'm on the water now :)

6 hours ago, BoatingSam said:

Haha I hope you do for your sake! I actually live in MA but boat is in Maine so that's all that matters right? Last year the lake didn't actually freeze so we diehards but the seadoo boat in early April Brrrrrrrr. 

Plannig on late April or early may this year

Ha, if you get out in April you will beat us. Alot of years our first time on the water is our pontoon rental in Florida on our yearly May trip.

Second week in May, until first week in October. Less to do will weather, and more to do with priorities for me. Aruba in March should help with the need for warm sand between the toes.  W

We are scheduled for early May, but it will depend on the winter here in Maine and when the docks go in. 

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:08 PM, Denny said:

When all the ice burgs are gone on Lake Erie.  Denny.

:lol:  If this winter keeps going like it is, may be sooner than normal.  There is some ice at west end of the lake, but surface temps still near 37 deg F.

Ya, we probably have some unhappy ice fishermen. Sorry for not being politically correct. I should have said ice fishing persons.Things were much simpler, back in the day.  Denny.:(

2 hours ago, Denny said:

Ya, we probably have some unhappy ice fishermen. Sorry for not being politically correct. I should have said ice fishing persons.Things were much simpler, back in the day.  Denny.:(

Ice anglers. Done.....