wijeff

looking for boat trash receptacle ideas

Just wondering what your trash receptacle set up is looking for new Ideas ?  It really bothers me to see beer cans in the water and having to fetch someone else trash out let's keep it clean 

Interested in this too!!  We have trash bag tied to oh sheet handle on port side. But would like to see what others might do. This boat might give me some more options!

My boat has a built in hidden trash can in my sink/grill/bar unit. The trashcan slides out with the cooler when you need to empty it. We just remove the trash bag at the end of the day.

9 hours ago, wijeff said:

Just wondering what your trash receptacle set up is looking for new Ideas ?  It really bothers me to see beer cans in the water and having to fetch someone else trash out let's keep it clean 

A simple small plastic trash can, prolly from WalMart, kept in the port console.  Sufficient for one day only.  We also often stop to pick trash out of the water, and we certainly don't sink our empty cans and bottles, which we see a lot of folks doing.  Really hate that.

I use a small trash can that goes under the wet bar behind the captain's seat.  The one I have is a bit tall for the spot, so I ordered the 'official' Chaparral one from Cecil.  It turns out that the 'official' one is just Rubbermaid, with a giant (~3x) markup, and it's TINY, so I'll be sticking with the slightly oversized one.  

Small trash can under the steps into the galley. When the bag gets full I store 'em in the aft storage locker on the swim deck. Empty when we hit the next marina.

Mine sits in a wire basket under the sunpad hovering over the engine. The sunpad closes flush onto the top of the can so nothing can "escape."

gallery_15159_841_432787.jpg

The basket swings out of the way for access to the engine and the oil dipstick.

gallery_15159_841_1512719.jpg

I picked up a white, plastic trash barrel at a yard sale and it works perfect. We put it under the port console and it doesn't roll too much.

Doubles as a nice big bailing bucket if need be 

an empty bud light 20 pk box sits in the ski well when opened on its side and set in the tall way, put caps back on the bottles and put them back in the box when empty. no mess. it also can be lined with a kitchen sized trash bag for other waste

I don't have a pic, but a few years back my son got me a trash receptacle that mounts to the wall in the cuddy, just inside the door.  Normal 13 gallon trash bag ties right to it.  Basically it's a ring with teeth and a closing lid.  Add bag and you have a trash can.

3 hours ago, Duane2135 said:

I don't have a pic, but a few years back my son got me a trash receptacle that mounts to the wall in the cuddy, just inside the door.  Normal 13 gallon trash bag ties right to it.  Basically it's a ring with teeth and a closing lid.  Add bag and you have a trash can.

I know the product you mean.  Good idea for a boat, but you better buy good quality trash bags, something I just can't bear to do.  Spending any amount of money on trash bags is literally throwing your money away...just a question of how much!   I buy cheapies.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:30 PM, drewm3i said:

My new one has one under the cabin step.

+1

Drew, now that you have a head with a holding tank,it's most important that you instruct ALL your guests to properly use it!  I don't subscribe to the theory that if you didn't eat it, don't put it in the bowl and will use Scott's as it seems to be the paper of choice.  But for any other "disposables", I'm going to be hanging a roll of doggy do bags in the head compartment that will be used for those non-flushable items.