Futzin'

220 SSi wake surfing (not mine)

well guess its possible.  Not saying I would do it, as wake surfing to me just doesn't do it for me rather do other things.  But seeing as how the prop is what 1-2 feet back from the swim plat form and 3 feet down,  chances seem slim.  A risk I would take I don't know.

To be clear, we don't surf behind my 220.  The few times I've surfed was behind a V-drive boat.  I have experienced (and seen) the momentum that carries you into the stern of the boat.  Very common.  I neither advocate nor condemn surfing behind a sterndrive boat with swim platform.  I don't care for the activity in general, due to the large waves, wakes.

But generally speaking, I believe if an action is legal, have at it.  

Incidentally, last year I saw someone surfing behind a boat without wearing a PFD.  After checking the regs myself, they state when being pulled/towed behind the boat you must wear a PFD.  Pretty sure that guy would get a visit from LEO if he was spotted.  Why bring attention?  Silly people.

23 minutes ago, Futzin' said:

To be clear, we don't surf behind my 220.  The few times I've surfed was behind a V-drive boat.  I have experienced (and seen) the momentum that carries you into the stern of the boat.  Very common.  I neither advocate nor condemn surfing behind a sterndrive boat with swim platform.  I don't care for the activity in general, due to the large waves, wakes.

But generally speaking, I believe if an action is legal, have at it.  

Incidentally, last year I saw someone surfing behind a boat without wearing a PFD.  After checking the regs myself, they state when being pulled/towed behind the boat you must wear a PFD.  Pretty sure that guy would get a visit from LEO if he was spotted.  Why bring attention?  Silly people.

Reminds me of the old Jaws movies where nobody had PFD's on.  

I never argue with a cop. Yes Sir, No Sir, Thank you Sir.....  Unless they are asking for info they do not deserve, then i shut up.

5 hours ago, Phillbo said:

I never argue with a cop. Yes Sir, No Sir, Thank you Sir.....  Unless they are asking for info they do not deserve, then i shut up.

I always remind my wife " the next time you get arrested, zip it!"

brick

1 hour ago, brick said:

I always remind my wife " the next time you get arrested, zip it!"

brick

...sounds like there's a story there...:o

If she is getting arrested the time to shut the eff up is long past. People openly provide way too much info to the police.

On January 18, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Phillbo said:

I wonder if Surfing is considered being Pulled or Towed once you let go of the rope?

Trend last year on my local lake...  "night surfing"...      going 10mph or less and not "towing" a skier ....    lots of interpretation here...  

On 1/15/2017 at 10:24 PM, Wak'in said:

Need to come see us sometime brick, love to show you guys around the lake. Hard to beat this place in the southeast.

Martin is nice...... but Smith is my choice! Love the deep clear waters.....

1 hour ago, SNiC said:

Martin is nice...... but Smith is my choice! Love the deep clear waters.....

My divisional president has a mansion on Smith, beautiful lake and water, kind of long and skinny.  He has some night fishing light underwater and you can see forever in that clear water.  Martin is only 175' deep in the channel, Smith I think is quite a bit deeper.

On 2/6/2017 at 6:31 PM, Wak'in said:

My divisional president has a mansion on Smith, beautiful lake and water, kind of long and skinny.  He has some night fishing light underwater and you can see forever in that clear water.  Martin is only 175' deep in the channel, Smith I think is quite a bit deeper.

There are some beautiful homes on Smith....NOT CHEAP...... as well as Martin. Smith is about 250' deep, and the "long and skinny" branches make for smoother waters...... 

FWIW, I also have a vintage jet that is loud at times and the only Alabama Water Patrol equipped with decibel meters is on Martin :captain:

DSCN0390.jpg

I like that there is a ski tow point on itB).  I cant imagine being pulled by that boat.  I'm thinking ear plugs and goggles would be mandatory.