wijeff

shout out for your city, state .

60 posts in this topic

Lexington, Kentucky. 

Bourbon country, and home of UK basketball and Keeneland race track (thoroughbred horses).

Jersey Boy relocated to Upper Chesapeake Bay, and quickly noticed the bumper stickers. "Welcome to the Eastern Shore, now GO HOME". Yea, there are born here's and come here's, but after 13 years, the locals are starting to overlook the Jersey accent.

Western Michigan  -  A lot of watery choices...

Beautiful four seasons, although one of them could get a little shorter..

No affiliation whatsoever with the Detroit Lions.  Please Ford, sell them to someone that cares about football

Scranton, PA.  Originally from Suburban Philadelphia, PA.  Not many options for boating but our little lake isn't too bad.

2 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Jersey Boy relocated to Upper Chesapeake Bay, and quickly noticed the bumper stickers. "Welcome to the Eastern Shore, now GO HOME". Yea, there are born here's and come here's, but after 13 years, the locals are starting to overlook the Jersey accent.

I never noticed an accent.

Spokane WA   ............  home of the 4th ranked, 17 - 0, Gonzaga Bulldogs.  Spokane is 20 miles from Idaho and some of the prettiest mountains and lakes you ever see! 

6 hours ago, MonkeySeaII said:

Scranton, PA.  Originally from Suburban Philadelphia, PA.  Not many options for boating but our little lake isn't too bad.

Mom was born in Pen Argile, and lived in East Bangor. She married dad, and they moved to west Philly. 1711 North 60th street. I summered on Lake Wallenpaupack PA    Peps Inn and Peggy's and Whiteys if memory serves. Do like that ring bologna. My best friend's dad had a house on the lake and his sister Kathy was runner up for Miss Pennsylvania back then.

Delaware, OH

Not a lot of big water around here, but 3 decent lakes within 50 miles, with the closest launch 2.5 miles from the end of my driveway!

14 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Mom was born in Pen Argile, and lived in East Bangor. She married dad, and they moved to west Philly. 1711 North 60th street. I summered on Lake Wallenpaupack PA    Peps Inn and Peggy's and Whiteys if memory serves. Do like that ring bologna. My best friend's dad had a house on the lake and his sister Kathy was runner up for Miss Pennsylvania back then.

I learned how to water ski when I was about 10 up here on Lake Wallenpaupack.  Rather than our usual vacation at the Jersey shore, we came to the lake for a week and rented a boat.  My sister and I took a lesson at the Boat Shop and then my Dad, who was previously a boat owner, rented a boat for the day.  Good times!

5 hours ago, cjm13905 said:

Binghamton, NY

Home of the spedie   :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiedie

Birthplace of IBM (Endicott, NY 5 miles away) and Dicks clothing and sporting goods.

Big mob meeting in the late 50's in Appalachin, 10 miles away :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apalachin_meeting

Not much else after that.

Hey im in Binghamton also. its an hour and a half to alot of lakes. Only think keeping this town afloat is Binghamton University. We pay the highest taxes and have a run down city.

On 1/18/2017 at 8:26 PM, Boatman609 said:

Beverly, NJ. Boat in the upper Delaware River. Sometimes make to the Chesapeake.

You should come down for the raft-up

On 1/18/2017 at 8:26 PM, Boatman609 said:

Beverly, NJ. Boat in the upper Delaware River. Sometimes make to the Chesapeake.

On 1/23/2017 at 8:10 PM, phills fan said:

You should come down for the raft-up

I was thinking the same thing. 

Bolton Landing, New York.  On Lake George - "Queen of the American Lakes"

"Lake George is without comparison, the most beautiful water I ever saw; formed by a contour of mountains into a basin thirty-five miles long and from two to four miles broad, finely interspersed with islands, its water limpid as crystal and the mountainsides covered with rich groves of silver fir, white pine, aspen and paper birch down to the water, here and there precipices of rock to checker the scene and save it from monotony. An abundance of speckled trout, salmon trout, bass, and other fish with which it is stored, have added to our other amusements the sport of taking them.”—Thomas Jefferson"

The Adirondack Park, the largest park preserve in the U. S comprising 6 million acres or 9,375 square miles. It’s as large as Yellowstone, Yosemite, the Everglades, Great Smoky National Park and the Grand Canyon, all wrapped into one. It’s larger than the state of New Hampshire.

Atlantic Beach FL.  Forecast; 76 degrees and sunny today

989F5A4A-A432-4B2C-B78B-8383482683BC_zps