EricGT

So, who air foils*hydrofoils*air chairs?

I inherited an air foil with my boat and have been watching videos and reading as much information as possible on this crazy sport.

At 6'3" 215# I am far from what one would consider agile.  So, I can do what I do best once spring arrives...drive the boat.  ;)

Any tips on pulling speed, acceleration, etc?

I am only assuming it has to be easier on the body than a wakeboard/kneeboard.  Kneeboarding beats the snot out of me on even the smoothest of days.

There was a guy that use be on the forum that did the air foil.  Might try to search the forums and PM him if you don't get alot of response.

I'm thinking there is likely a very good reason they were banned from retail sale in the US.   Many documented serious injuries.  W

I rode one a few years back. Getting up on it is the steepest learning curve. Once up on plane it was pretty easy to ride but BORING.

Are we talking about a chair mounted on a hydrofoil ?  I hope not. 

E R is busy enough with unplanned accidents.

A friend of mine and his buddies have been doing it for a few years on Lake Norris.  Looks like fun but the falls look like they might be a little harder than wake-boarding. He wears a helmet.......:scratchchin:

Outstanding abilities !!  :D

At 80 I still have a bone bulge on my forehead from my first pull up on skis.  The girl was terrific.    :)

My son has one, go slow, fast is like hitting a brick wall when you fall, because you are strapped in the chair. Skis and a board will let go of you, the chair will not. He loves his. Me I just drive the boat, that's enough excitement for me. Denny.

DSC03980_zps3d6e298a.jpg

34 minutes ago, cyclops2 said:

At 80 I still have a bone bulge on my forehead from my first pull up on skis.  The girl was terrific.    :)

Do you even think about what you post?

11 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I'm thinking there is likely a very good reason they were banned from retail sale in the US.   Many documented serious injuries.  W

I'm pretty sure they still sell them in the US.  The company that makes mine has a website and makes them to order.  ???

20 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I think he's thinking of the towable that would go airborn....That has been banned.

Post some pic of chair always liked watching the guys who knew how to ride them it is a skill not for everyone 

I have only been on a "air chair" a couple of times but it was a BLAST and you can ride it in rough water (unlike wake boarding).   I have been unsuccessfully searching eBay for the last year.  All the used ones I can find are really old or $$$.  If you don't like it PM me.