Sign in to follow this  
The Great Escape II

RTIC Coolers

11 minutes ago, The Great Escape II said:

From them directly the price goes lower once it's in cart.

Just noticed that,thanks!   

Can't blame Yeti.  RTIC copied everything within their patent and then made them in China.

They usually run a couple hundred deer. 

Patent infrengement is bad but competition is good. They should have slightly modified their models, like everyone else has done.

not to get off the thread topic but this is a great example of what i DO want my government to stop.  If YETI has the patent and someone basically copied the product and is producing it overseas and sending back to US for 1/2 price - that is stealing and our gov't should impose a tariff on it or better yet, not allow it in (if it truly is a patent violation)  Competition is good, build your own cooler and sell it for a better price

2 hours ago, delaney said:

not to get off the thread topic but this is a great example of what i DO want my government to stop.  If YETI has the patent and someone basically copied the product and is producing it overseas and sending back to US for 1/2 price - that is stealing and our gov't should impose a tariff on it or better yet, not allow it in (if it truly is a patent violation)  Competition is good, build your own cooler and sell it for a better price

+1

31 minutes ago, Cycleman07 said:

All sold out except the 20....This is a "life" lesson...Check the Chap forum everyday! I missed out dang it. 

Their Facebook page says they will have more "old" ones in stock soon......but they'll likely sell out again very fast due to the price reduction. 

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, The Great Escape II said:

Heads up, 

Yeti won the lawsuit for copy infringement of their coolers from RTIC.  With that said RTIC is dumping their coolers.  Just picked up a 45 quart for $122.

They have been on sale since NOV.  Actually was a settlement so no judgement.  So with that being said sounds like there were a few models in question and that's what RTIC has to get rid of before MAY 1st and redesign. 

I just checked their website and it looks like everything is "order today, ship tomorrow", but the discount prices have gone away.  Hmmmmmm.

Walmart is now selling their versions of the soft sided coolers. I chose the walmart versions of the stainless steel mugs for 8 bucks. Excellent quality!